Everything Else > Off Topic

Sounds Behind the Wheel? ...

(1/7) > >>

Calman:
I heard a song earlier and it clearly reminded me of a time where I liked a "good kicky" track on the car stereo (while driving at a conservative 10 miles under the posted speed limit - YEAH RIGHT!!!).

So, what classic tracks (or any for that matter) ... did you enjoy blasting down a straight road (or curly one) with the sounds cranked up?

WARNING:  This could potentially expose some of our bad tastes in music, but what the heck eh?

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Calman:
This was a clear favourite on my track list!!

Best Regards,

John S:
Early 70s I had to make a run once a week at around 3.30 to 5 am from Diss, Norfolk to Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire returning from a print works to my home.

The journey was done for a year in a Vauxhall VX4/90 FB then they upgraded me to a Datsun 120Y Sunny - oh joy I could now max out at 83 instead of 79 mph with foot flat on the long open stretches between Diss to Thetford, Newmarket & then through Six Mile Bottom.... Yeah Honest!  :D

Radio was out of the question as all the stations shut down before midnight so I managed to get my hands on an 8 track player and could blast out this track on loop from the album to keep me awake.
2 reasons for liking it:- it's great to sing along to at the top of your lungs - and best of all it's 9 mins long.  ;)  :P

Alonsofan:
For me this song gives me happy memories of flooring it...I mean sticking to the speed limits in a car hehe
Are you ready....turn it up loud...

Calman:
That's It!!!! ... you've produced an early 70's rock classic, to a remix of Don Henley's 84 classic, 'The Boys of Summer' .. so I need to find my keys and drive my 600bhp muscle car down a highway somewhere in the midnight heat.   Okay, wake up, it's a Ford Explorer with Idle issues, you can't drive very fast on this side of the pond, it's freezing and currently snowing outside, so .... >>> insert LP needle scratch <<< ... and start singing "Memories" ... well, you know what I mean.

I remember a drive up to Aviemore (North of Scotland) back in the late 90's ... "work mates lads weekend" and these two songs were requested again, and again, and again, and again.  Funny enough, I began to like them, while behind the wheel, who knew??? ... and we are talking about loooong straight roads with nothing around you, yes, the speeds touched 3 digits at times (until a German family in a black Volvo overtook us) .... I'm sure a couple of guys in the car wet themselves, while laughing uncontrollably!!

Nevertheless, great days!!

Best Regards,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version