collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 350
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Sky F1 channel  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Ian

Sky F1 channel
« on: March 10, 2019, 10:26:54 PM »
Sky sports are offering their F1 channel on it's own for £10 a month, all FP's, quali's and races for two years, guaranteed no price increases. Phoned up Virgin to see if they done it, nope, you have to have the whole package, no thanks.

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Sky F1 channel
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 10:32:28 PM »
I would do the Sky package if it was offered here in the States.
Lonny

Offline Calman

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 10:34:19 PM »

... and so say all of us, well, although Canada in my case, as the coverage here is dreadful, especially in the early 2000's ... TSN or SPEED??? ... neither thanks!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 10:36:00 PM »
The only ball game I watch Lonny is Rugby Union and I can watch as much as I want on BT Sport which comes free with my package.

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 10:36:54 PM »
That's just typical Virgin  >:D
Did you enjoy the rugby over the weekend Ian? It was a walk in the park for England  :yahoo:
I just hope Ireland play that good against Wales next weekend.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 12:37:14 AM »
Sky TV here have dropped F1 and Spark a broadband supplier have taken it up but with less than a week to go there is very little information except they have already said they will show Quali and the race on a TV channel they own but no practice and no idea who the commentary is to be by.
Its a complete shambles!
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 09:11:08 AM »
I certainly did Julie, loved it. Cal and Lonny, as a long time customer I can get the sports package for £31 but I ain't paying that much just for the one channel I'd watch.

Offline Calman

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 08:32:41 PM »
I certainly did Julie, loved it. Cal and Lonny, as a long time customer I can get the sports package for £31 but I ain't paying that much just for the one channel I'd watch.

True, that would be excessive for the purpose of primarily following F1.   I tell you what, why don't you carry out an audio recording of all the other sport that £31 provides and we will chip in £1.75 for your efforts! 

We would ask that you also include "voice-overs" for poorly recorded audio, such as the "swish" of a golf club or "clink" of a Snooker cue hitting the cue ball, as it were!!  :DD

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 03:13:21 PM »
Save me someone please, golf, heaven forbid, that's as bad as tennis just realised something too, so busy watching the 6 Nations rugby on Sunday I forgot to ask my wife to record MotoGP.  :-[

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 06:37:50 PM »

The main problem would be that it's so hard to find a £10 note here on this side of the pond.

The best we had over here was the old pre-Fox Speedvision. NBC was a close second. This sky feed we get through ESPN sucks. I think the on-air crew must get hit with a fine every time they use the word Haas. They certainly seem to avoid mentioning it.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 06:39:37 PM »
Agree with that.
Lonny

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 03:42:19 PM »
Sorry to burst the bubble, but the offer is £10 extra a month, not £10 a month. (This also explains why Virgin cannot relay the offer; they don't have a Sky basic package to add it onto, but a custom Virgin-only combination).

This matters because it's £22 a month to get the basic package if you are a new customer. (Existing customers may be on any number of price points, as these change frequently and are themselves sometimes on stackable offers, and the offer is open to any customer not currently contracted for Sky F1 specifically). Note that the offer is for 24 months, with the last 6 months being £5 more expensive to account for a planned rise in the cost of the basic Sky package in September 2020.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 08:41:33 PM »
Sky TV here have dropped F1 and Spark a broadband supplier have taken it up but with less than a week to go there is very little information except they have already said they will show Quali and the race on a TV channel they own but no practice and no idea who the commentary is to be by.
Its a complete shambles!

The mist is clearing and its not so much of a shambles but needs to improve.
Spark Sport claimed they were using a "Beta" system which is fine as it indicates they are tuning the real deal but if they had advertised that they would be streaming the Sky Sports F1 feed a lot of people would have been more content including me.
It's unclear how they are going to perform compared to how Sky Sport NZ performed and only time will tell.
Interestingly the two top guys at Sky NZ both left after they lost the F1 and rugby rights remembering that it's a Rugby World Cup year and it's the national game here and the new guy at Sky NZ admits they have made an error.
Hopefully this will pan out well I can only live in hope.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 10:31:17 AM »
I still use the Now TV option as I find this is the cheapest way to watch F1 in the UK.

Buy a NowTV Stick here and then I pay £8.99 (Sky F1 day pass) for any race that is not shown on Channel 4.

The whole season costs me £60-£70 (depending on how many races are exclusive to Sky) with no contract.

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Robem64

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 12:53:23 PM »
I still use the Now TV option as I find this is the cheapest way to watch F1 in the UK.

Buy a NowTV Stick here and then I pay £8.99 (Sky F1 day pass) for any race that is not shown on Channel 4.

The whole season costs me £60-£70 (depending on how many races are exclusive to Sky) with no contract.

Wiz

This is the option I go for too Wizzo - works for me :)
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle