collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 375
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: To help recognise your favourite F1 Driver their 2019 Helmet colours are here  (Read 4279 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
I only hope we can tell them apart when in the cars as Red and pink are increasingly popular.  :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xBHS7C_uvCs

Also here's a separate page with them all listed to scroll through to make them easier to compare - enjoy.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/21953
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 04:51:15 PM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline TimmyTime

I must say I like Giovinazzi's helmet with the Italian flag on it. Very striking  :good:
You have heard of Hammer time..this is TimmyTime

Offline Calman

I voted for K-Mag's headgear ... so was pleased to see that it's an early leader with 23% ... which was nice! :)

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

guest3164

Honey Badger's helmet is awesome.  It is so 'different' to the rest that it is genuinely stand out.  It's ugly and beautiful at the same time. 

Giovinazzi's is a nice lid and I like Russell's due to the colour scheme, it works well.  Too many of the other helmets are fussy with bolts and go stripes to imply movement. 

Offline Calman

Honey Badger's helmet is awesome.  It is so 'different' to the rest that it is genuinely stand out.  It's ugly and beautiful at the same time.

It will certainly stand out (if we can see it past the Halo).   On second viewing, it looks like a Seagull has dropped something on it.  I just hope that assessment doesn't "stick", or each time I look at Danny's headgear, I will think "Oh yeah, just some French Bird ..."   I won't finish that sentence for censorship reasons!!  :-[

C'mon, get your head out of the gutter Cal ... and get back to work!!!

Best Regards,

Offline Scott

IMO Renault wins best and worst helmet design.  DR for the worst, Hulk for the best.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alonsofan

For me it has to be Ricciardo's. I am not really a big fan of his but I like his helmet.

Worst by far is Stroll's pink helmet...it's just too pink.

Offline Calman

For me it has to be Ricciardo's. I am not really a big fan of his but I like his helmet.

... and we'll never know what 'Baby Cakes' would be wearing in 2019!  :DntKnw:

I suppose you could argue whether you are judging a helmet on design, colour harmony or outright "striking" appearance.   I guess we will see which designs will become instantly recognisable, as drivers walk away from their battle damaged or unreliable tanks!!

Best Regards,

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Have to say I never realised this thread would turn into which we like best.
I failed to notice the poll on motorsport.com page, but hey it's usual on here that threads take interesting twists.

For the record I like George Russell's lid the best.  :good:
Just need to see it further up the grid - no pressure then George.  :D
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

I went for the Hulk. Very striking.
Lonny

Offline Alonsofan

... and we'll never know what 'Baby Cakes' would be wearing in 2019!  :DntKnw:

I suppose you could argue whether you are judging a helmet on design, colour harmony or outright "striking" appearance.   I guess we will see which designs will become instantly recognisable, as drivers walk away from their battle damaged or unreliable tanks!!

Best Regards,

Well I guess it looks like this...

https://www.google.com/search?q=fernando+alonso+2019+indycar+helmet&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjU1dLL7IThAhUKSxoKHXepAiAQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=fernando+alonso+2019+indy+car+helmet&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.1.0.30i10.35847.42106..43593...0.0..0.85.490.7......0....1.........0i13i30j33i10.fa3bMseeA4Y&ei=j_iLXJTSAoqWaffSioAC&prmd=nisv#imgrc=QLJdUdmAdRewdM

Offline Dare

I like Hulk and Norris's.  Don't care for any of the rest
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Calman

After careful consideration, my top 3 would be:

1) K-Mag
2) Hulk
3) Russell/Giovinazzi  ... (mainly as I feel both helmets could look pretty striking when worn out of the car)

Best Regards,

Offline cosworth151

My top 3 toppers are:

1: K Mag
2: Giovinazzi
3: Kimi
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle