F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

F1 Intros for 2019 ...

(1/1)

Calman:
I've read a lot about the intros lately, as someone is jumping up and down about "Daft Punk" ??? in an opening sequence.  So far, all I can find in relation to Sky F1 coverage, is this updated twist to last season (very predictable with piercing Crofty voice-overs).

However, I prefer this ... 

I'd love to hear/see what coverage is like around the world and how different live TV intros to F1 can be.

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Calman:
Without some fan's 'edited' segment for Lewis Hamilton's benefit, this is actually half decent in my opinion.

Best Regards,

Calman:
This is "thee" official version from the Sky F1 camp, right?

Sorry for the numerous posts, just trying to figure this all out, as I haven't watched any footage since pre-season testing!  :(

Best Regards,

Alianora La Canta:

--- Quote from: Calman on March 15, 2019, 08:52:06 PM ---I've read a lot about the intros lately, as someone is jumping up and down about "Daft Punk" ??? in an opening sequence.  So far, all I can find in relation to Sky F1 coverage, is this updated twist to last season (very predictable with piercing Crofty voice-overs).

--- End quote ---

You have had the great fortune not to be given Channel 4's replacement of The Chain. . In Channel 4's semi-defence, they apparently tried and failed to get "The Chain" broadcast rights. I just wish they had picked some sort of tuneful replacement.

Edit:Amusingly, the tune Sky now uses apparently is by Daft Punk. It just sounds less stereotypically Daft Punk to me (and a better fit for the subject) than the music chosen by Channel 4.

(Not to be confused with "The Chemical Brothers" 3-second stinger which I don't think I've heard yet, because it's available for use with transitional effects, such as switching between live and replay mode, or between segments of pre-race show. I believe it's supposed to be a remix of some element of "", but bear in mind it would be a very short remix - viewers may have heard it without necessarily thinking "that's Chemical Brothers" unless they know the song).

(Also not to be confused with the official F1 intro: and the :

)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version