collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 381
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ferrari design blunder or genius??  (Read 1934 times)

Offline TimmyTime

Ferrari design blunder or genius??
« on: March 15, 2019, 08:56:38 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47527705

Interesting article about the differing front wing designs, I can only hope Ferrari have designed themselves into a blind alley so Hamilton can put Ferrari in it's place again

You have heard of Hammer time..this is TimmyTime

Offline Calman

Re: Ferrari design blunder or genius??
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 08:59:23 PM »
I'll put the cat amongst the pigeons and say that I hope Ferrari can take the fight to Mercedes in 2019.  If they can't, I hope any other team, other than RBR can mix things up a bit on those podium finishes!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Online Dare

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 12:45:59 PM »
It would be another great season if Mercedes didn't
have any competition. I love seeing the same driver
win every race
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 01:01:58 PM »
win every race

Dare put that whisky bottle down!  :tease: 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline TimmyTime

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »
win every race

If they are British they can win every race for me!

Offline Calman

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 11:15:41 PM »
If they are British they can win every race for me!
That would be incredibly boring, sorry Timmy!  :(

Best Regards,

Offline TimmyTime

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 08:14:43 AM »
I will never find a British driver, sports team in any sport always winning boring. My ideal would be Norris, British team, based team and driver. With Hamilton, the only realistic winner, at least I get two out of the three. For example, I did not find Sir Steve Redgrave winning 5 straight rowing gold's boring. I am just very patriotic!

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 10:31:40 AM »
I generally prefer close competition. While I prefer the idea of Lewis winning to Sebastian winning, it's more fun if both are pushing each other as hard as possible, and to some extent a champion's calibre can be measured by the quality of opposition defeated. I had a higher opinion of Lewis' first title, where he defeated Massa and, it sometimes seemed, FIA preferences, by a narrow margin than his fifth title, where his opponent was defeated by mid-season.

Fortunately, I don't think it will be a total walkover. Ferrari usually have an iffy time of it in Australia relative to other venues, and there'll be the odd race where Max provides a challenge too. I think Lewis will have to work harder for title #6 than title #5, even though I think he will be the one holding the trophy aloft at the FIA Gala in December.

(NB: I wouldn't particularly call myself a fan of either driver. Charles, on the other hand...)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 01:27:41 PM »
I’m for Leclerc as well, I wonder how long Ferrari will be honoring the driver order if Leclerc keeps showing he has the speed of Vettel (or more?).

I’m glad I don’t push for Canadians, or I would have to support Stroll.  In all honesty, I don’t care which nationality wins, I just want the best driver in the fastest car to win.  Not sure that happened yesterday though.  Bottas will likely have at least 3-4 “off” races now that he has bested Lewis in this race, but I give Lewis the talent upper hand in all cases vs Bottas.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Calman

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 03:52:11 PM »
I will never find a British driver, sports team in any sport always winning boring. My ideal would be Norris, British team, based team and driver. With Hamilton, the only realistic winner, at least I get two out of the three. For example, I did not find Sir Steve Redgrave winning 5 straight rowing gold's boring. I am just very patriotic!

Sorry if you took my comments the wrong way Timmy, no offense intended!!

Of course, you are right to feel patriotic.  I cheered like crazy with past British drivers (Hill/Coulthard/Button).  All I meant was, from an F1 point of view, seeing the same team/car/driver win everything on offer does get a bit "samey" ... even from a neutral point of view.  We all know it's part of F1, where in recent decades, Williams had their dominance, McLaren had their dominance, RBR had their dominance .. and now Mercedes are a good way through that spell.    Even when I wished for certain results, they were more of an achievement when "my driver of choice" was challenged for that win.

So, that was pretty much what I intended to say .. and not questioning your support for a British Team/Driver.

Best Regards,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle