collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 373
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ferrari/Vettel talking rubbish  (Read 3670 times)

Offline TimmyTime

Ferrari/Vettel talking rubbish
« on: March 18, 2019, 05:17:48 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47608624

No he won't, he won't be allowed to. Proven in race 1 of the season  >:D

You have heard of Hammer time..this is TimmyTime

Offline Calman

Re: Ferrari/Vettel talking rubbish
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 07:03:45 PM »
I think Ferrari are attempting to treat a burn by dabbing vinegar on it.

It will be interesting if both Bottas and LeClerc take the fight to their teammates in the races ahead!! (who will officially use the "team orders" song when it's time to sing???)

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

guest3164

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 07:41:10 PM »
It will be highly managed control, as in, no less than a one second gap, preferably more than a second. 

Offline Calman

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 08:01:14 PM »
I think there could be "team tampering" with LeClerc's fuel richness/party mode in the races ahead.... just in case more complaints come from Vettel.  Maybe he had floor damage in Melbourne too?  :D

Best Regards,

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 09:12:03 PM »
I personally think all this is a storm in a teacup. Sure Ferrari told Leclerc to stay behind Vettel, well he asked about passing him so why is everyone surprised when told to hold station.

Ferrari possibly knew he didn't have the means to catch Max, either because of fuel or the speed he was showing in catching up to Vettel so what was the point in swapping the cars.
On the point of failing to pit Charles to put on softest compound to chase the fastest lap there is the risk element, Leclerc had already been off once in his pursuit of Vettel, could they be sure he would not come to grief again trying to go fastest. Risk v reward calculation probably showed it's not worth it especially in his first race in anger in a Ferrari. Also did they have a decent set of softs left?  :DntKnw:

Hell even Toto is now saying his boys at Merc (incl race engineers) disobeyed instructions, arrived at before the race, not to chase fastest lap. Risk v reward indicated that running anywhere from 1st to 3rd should not be put on the line just for a single extra point. Now they're experienced pilots in more familiar machines, sure Bottas nailed it …… but just suppose he binned it instead.     
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 12:44:21 AM »
I personally think all this is a storm in a teacup. Sure Ferrari told Leclerc to stay behind Vettel, well he asked about passing him so why is everyone surprised when told to hold station.

Ferrari possibly knew he didn't have the means to catch Max, either because of fuel or the speed he was showing in catching up to Vettel so what was the point in swapping the cars.
On the point of failing to pit Charles to put on softest compound to chase the fastest lap there is the risk element, Leclerc had already been off once in his pursuit of Vettel, could they be sure he would not come to grief again trying to go fastest. Risk v reward calculation probably showed it's not worth it especially in his first race in anger in a Ferrari. Also did they have a decent set of softs left?  :DntKnw:

Hell even Toto is now saying his boys at Merc (incl race engineers) disobeyed instructions, arrived at before the race, not to chase fastest lap. Risk v reward indicated that running anywhere from 1st to 3rd should not be put on the line just for a single extra point. Now they're experienced pilots in more familiar machines, sure Bottas nailed it …… but just suppose he binned it instead.   

Boo!

It's racing, why would anyone be stupid enough to go on record to say they DON'T want to be the fastest car?

I get strategy and all that, but... don't say it.  It turns the sport into a joke.

I say more points for FL if the teams don't take it seriously!

Offline rmassart

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 09:57:19 AM »

How about 25 points for the fastest lap?   That would make for interesting racing, I think we're onto something here!  ;-)

No point trundling around in 2nd place, when you could pit, put on "super ultra hyper softs" for the last two laps and get 25 pts. Of course everyone else would do the same, except for the leader!

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 11:16:06 AM »
For an extra 25 pts even the leader would have to try for it Massart.  ;)

Just a small point where they gonna get these "Super ultra hyper softs" from.  :D

Offline rmassart

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 12:19:20 PM »
One of each on each wheel, plus a hard just to mix things up!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 02:20:58 PM »

How about 25 points for the fastest lap?   That would make for interesting racing, I think we're onto something here!  ;-)

No point trundling around in 2nd place, when you could pit, put on "super ultra hyper softs" for the last two laps and get 25 pts. Of course everyone else would do the same, except for the leader!

A race within a race.

Plenty of other sports have multiple ways of scoring, why not F1?

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 04:13:03 PM »
We already get a race inside a race Jeri, the Top 3 teams slugging it out then the best of the rest battle.  ;)

Now with 3 DRS zones and a single FL point are you sure we could handle even more excitement  :D

Offline Calman

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 06:15:12 PM »
Here is the thing ... this FL is all good and well, but do you see issues arising in the near future, especially as it's specifically designed for the top 10 finishers.  I know finishes are obviously based on the top 10, but do you think someone who puts in a blinding lap (finishing 11th) will be a little peeved (especially if it's one of those ... "I was running 10th, then was passed during the final lap!".

Just like most of these principles in F1, I can see the rule being challenged, sooner, rather than later.

Best Regards,

Offline rmassart

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 05:35:48 AM »
This is why my 25pts for FL is such a good idea  ;)

You're running second, pitting will drop you down to 12th. Do you pit and go for 25 pts hoping you will at least finish 10th in order to get them, but lose a sure 18pts for 2nd? And if you pit, the guys running behind you might as well, but only one of you can get the 25pts and some midfielders will end up banking 18pts for 2nd.

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 10:35:05 AM »
That's a lot of assumptions there massart, most of the time the top 6 have a pit stop in hand over the rest of the field after 3/4 distance. That's why my comment about the leader will be forced to stop as well.

I'd rather they remove the stupid top 10 rule for the FL point, then we might see all the runners from 11, but certainly 12, back in the pits late on sticking on softs to try and dash for the cash.  :D

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »
I don't like the top 10 rule, either. Fastest lap should be just that, the fastest lap of the race.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle