F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Ferrari/Vettel talking rubbish

(1/5) > >>

TimmyTime:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47608624

No he won't, he won't be allowed to. Proven in race 1 of the season  >:D

Calman:
I think Ferrari are attempting to treat a burn by dabbing vinegar on it.

It will be interesting if both Bottas and LeClerc take the fight to their teammates in the races ahead!! (who will officially use the "team orders" song when it's time to sing???)

Best Regards,
Cal :)

guest3164:
It will be highly managed control, as in, no less than a one second gap, preferably more than a second. 

Calman:
I think there could be "team tampering" with LeClerc's fuel richness/party mode in the races ahead.... just in case more complaints come from Vettel.  Maybe he had floor damage in Melbourne too?  :D

Best Regards,
Cal :)

John S:
I personally think all this is a storm in a teacup. Sure Ferrari told Leclerc to stay behind Vettel, well he asked about passing him so why is everyone surprised when told to hold station.

Ferrari possibly knew he didn't have the means to catch Max, either because of fuel or the speed he was showing in catching up to Vettel so what was the point in swapping the cars.
On the point of failing to pit Charles to put on softest compound to chase the fastest lap there is the risk element, Leclerc had already been off once in his pursuit of Vettel, could they be sure he would not come to grief again trying to go fastest. Risk v reward calculation probably showed it's not worth it especially in his first race in anger in a Ferrari. Also did they have a decent set of softs left?  :DntKnw:

Hell even Toto is now saying his boys at Merc (incl race engineers) disobeyed instructions, arrived at before the race, not to chase fastest lap. Risk v reward indicated that running anywhere from 1st to 3rd should not be put on the line just for a single extra point. Now they're experienced pilots in more familiar machines, sure Bottas nailed it …… but just suppose he binned it instead.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version