collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 592
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ferrari/Vettel talking rubbish  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Monty

Re: Ferrari/Vettel talking rubbish
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 02:13:42 PM »
Should be the fastest lap posted by any car that finishes the race. It could be a real bonus to someone that gets punted by Verstapen in the early laps and then has to rejoin the race  :D

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 03:14:36 PM »
If they took the top 10 bit out of the rule, maybe you’d have mechanics spending the race fixing a car that should have DNF’d on a 1st lap mishap...drain almost all the fuel out of it, throw on sticky tires and send it out to run for that elusive point.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline rmassart

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 03:35:25 PM »
I agree it should be open to all. I don't understand the reasoning of it being only for the top 10. That way the rich only get richer. It would be more interesting to see those in the lower mid field pop in for fresh tyres with two laps to go rather than following each other round the track with no chance of overtakes because their tyres are shod.

Offline Calman

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 05:58:49 PM »
As echoed above, I think the "top 10" rule may be revisited further into the season.  I have no real issue with the FL bonus point itself, as it "could" add much needed interest to a processional race.

The current rule could (as it often does in F1) encourage dirty tactics!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Online Jericoke

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 06:00:06 PM »
If they took the top 10 bit out of the rule, maybe you’d have mechanics spending the race fixing a car that should have DNF’d on a 1st lap mishap...drain almost all the fuel out of it, throw on sticky tires and send it out to run for that elusive point.

That was my initial thought. 

Maybe require that the car complete, say, 90% of laps?

We HAVE seen teams send drivers out a few laps down after a lengthy repair, sometimes in the hope for carnage ahead, sometimes as an extra 'testing' session.

guest3164

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 07:51:15 PM »
I am almost inclined to think that if a group of engineers are able to fix a car like that and get it back out before the end of the race and then get the fastest lap, both the engineers and the driver deserve the credit for it!  It'll play havoc with the GG DNF picks though!

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 08:51:47 AM »
I think the "top 10" rule is to make it consistent with Formula E, where spectacular amounts of gaming the system (half of which aren't even possible in F1) resulted in popular demand to restrict who gets the fastest lap point.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »
Gaming the system might bring a pulse back to the garage and the races when we get to see them tape a car back together to send it out for the FL point.  I don’t like that only top 10’s qualify.  Let the racers baby their car across the finish line at 5sec over Q times, while the back half of the field can fight for lowest lap time
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 04:51:43 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Jericoke

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 02:31:20 PM »
Gaming the system might bring a pulse back I to the garage and the races when we get to see them tape a car back together to send it out for the FL point.  I don’t like that only top 10’s qualify.  Let the racers baby their car across the finish line at 5sec over Q times, while the back half of the field can fight for lowest lap time

Just bringing this up for discussion, I'm not 'for', nor 'against' this possibility:

The lead cars are battered from a hard fight, they're limping home half a second apart.  They suddenly find themselves running offline as a 'backmarker' 20 laps down comes zipping through, and claiming the racing line.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle