collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 405
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: This should be interesting!  (Read 7709 times)

Offline Scott

This should be interesting!
« on: March 26, 2019, 09:28:40 PM »
Mick is set to debut in F1 testing for Ferrari and Alfa. :yahoo:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/142343/video-what-f1-test-means-for-mick-schumacher

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline TimmyTime

Re: This should be interesting!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 09:32:53 PM »
Hope he doesn't cheat like his dad did. Never forget his move on Hill  >:D
You have heard of Hammer time..this is TimmyTime

Offline Calman

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 09:44:14 PM »

Oh yes, Adelaide is still a sore one for me!!!

Yes, read last night about Mick's progress.  I think he will be in F1 sooner than most expected - watch this space!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 10:32:55 PM »

Yup. Never respected him after that.
Lonny

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 10:46:46 PM »

Yup. Never respected him after that.

His unsporting behaviour turning into Damon, parking his car in Monaco and almost pushing Rubens into the wall - these are 3 events which changed my opinion of him.

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 11:26:26 PM »
What made it even worse was that he was good enough to win without all of that. I hope Mick doesn't follow his father's lead in that respect.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 12:55:18 AM »
What made it even worse was that he was good enough to win without all of that. I hope Mick doesn't follow his father's lead in that respect.

Absolutely gifted racer.  He raced in an era where a driver really COULD will a car to victory and did so more than his contemporaries.

Always hated him though.  Of course, sports are always more interesting when there's a villain.

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 03:50:55 AM »
I couldn't stand him till he retired. When he joined
Mercedes he was my fav driver,go figure
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 04:15:46 AM »
I think his time at Merc showed he didn't have a ton of raw talent. His WDCs came from his willingness to test 24/7, Ferrari's having a facility like Fiorano, where he could do that, and his ability to interact with his engineers to improve the car. I don't rate his talent on a level with Senna or Clark, but he was certainly one of the very best testing and development drivers ever.
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 12:02:34 PM »
His time at Mercedes he was also in
his 40's
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 01:04:24 PM »

Absolutely gifted racer.  He raced in an era where a driver really COULD will a car to victory and did so more than his contemporaries.

Always hated him though.  Of course, sports are always more interesting when there's a villain.

I am not sure he is 'absolutely gifted' let's be honest he was lucky he was a driver in the era where he could relentlessly test the car. Granted other drivers of that era could have done the same but they can't today.

Also, if someone needs to cheat in order to win are they as c*ck sure of themselves as they make out....

Although regarding Mick, we have to give him a fair chance maybe he takes after his mum and is nice  :DntKnw:

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 01:27:55 PM »
I didn’t actually start this thread to discuss Michael Schumacher, but I guess it was inevitable.   :P

There were moves and incidents that he caused which nobody should be proud of, but denying he had talent because of those is shortsighted.  He may not have been the fastest driver or had the best racecraft, but when he was on it, there were very few drivers who could turn it up at key moments the way he could and set blistering pace when it was important.  He was also one of the most strategic drivers of all time.  And as it has already been stated, he often didn’t even have to resort to some of those tactics to win, and in fact you can dispute that he might have had more than 7 championships if he hadn’t played so dirty.

If the question is tactics by Michael Schumacher are worse than MV, I would paint MV as a much worse character and sportsman.

If Mick brings any or all of those things to F1, it could be some fresh air the series needs.   :good: :good:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:33:12 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 02:15:09 PM »

I am not sure he is 'absolutely gifted' let's be honest he was lucky he was a driver in the era where he could relentlessly test the car. Granted other drivers of that era could have done the same but they can't today.

Also, if someone needs to cheat in order to win are they as c*ck sure of themselves as they make out....

Although regarding Mick, we have to give him a fair chance maybe he takes after his mum and is nice  :DntKnw:

There are many 'gifts' a driver can have.  Relentless work ethic is just as good as lightning reflexes, or photographic memory of braking points.  I stand by words.  Any time they have to change the rules of the sport to specifically curb your dominance, you're gifted at that sport.  F1 had to take out unlimited testing because that's how he won.  How many other drivers have caused the rules to be changed?  (Engineers do it all the time, of course)

As for Mick, I'd love to see him win 'his own way'.  As is pointed it, he can't test his way to perfection like Michael did.  All the same, you don't get to the level Mick is at without being very good on track.

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 02:16:34 PM »
I didn’t actually start this thread to discuss Michael Schumacher, but I guess it was inevitable.   :P

There were moves and incidents that he caused which nobody should be proud of, but denying he had talent because of those is shortsighted.  He may not have been the fastest driver or had the best racecraft, but when he was on it, there were very few drivers who could turn it up at key moments the way he could and set blistering pace when it was important.  He was also one of the most strategic drivers of all time.  And as it has already been stated, he often didn’t even have to resort to some of those tactics to win, and in fact you can dispute that he might have had more than 7 championships if he hadn’t played so dirty.

If the question is tactics by Michael Schumacher are worse than MV, I would paint MV as a much worse character and sportsman.

If Mick brings any or all of those things to F1, it could be some fresh air the series needs.   :good: :good:

You openly admit he wasn't the fastest,  didn't have the best race craft and had to resort to incidents not to be proud of. How can he be great? Yes he won 7 world titles but he cheated at Benetton to win 1 of those and had his team mate in his pocket for all 7!! I have 4 words for you...

Mika Hakinnen
Fernando Alonso

You can't tell people not in your team not to beat you.

Basically I am with this guy..

Go Baby cakes  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 02:19:22 PM »

There are many 'gifts' a driver can have.  Relentless work ethic is just as good as lightning reflexes, or photographic memory of braking points.  I stand by words.  Any time they have to change the rules of the sport to specifically curb your dominance, you're gifted at that sport.  F1 had to take out unlimited testing because that's how he won.  How many other drivers have caused the rules to be changed?  (Engineers do it all the time, of course)

As for Mick, I'd love to see him win 'his own way'.  As is pointed it, he can't test his way to perfection like Michael did.  All the same, you don't get to the level Mick is at without being very good on track.

Was it his relentless work ethic or Ferrari hogging all the cash?? It is easy to to test unlimitably when you have practically unlimited money.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle