collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 613
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: This should be interesting!  (Read 7714 times)

Offline TimmyTime

Re: This should be interesting!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 02:51:56 PM »
The last 12 German WDC's have all bar one been because of having team mates in their pockets. The other was because Hamilton's car, let's be blunt, was sabotaged so Rosberg could win in a German car before running away.
Limited talent, little grace and zero gentleman's attitude.

Button for example, such a nice guy, hard fought world title against a charging Red Bull and equal team mate, done in stlye!!

Schumacher had no class and no trust in his own ability.

Patriotic post over LOL
You have heard of Hammer time..this is TimmyTime

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 04:33:14 PM »
The last 12 German WDC's have all bar one been because of having team mates in their pockets. The other was because Hamilton's car, let's be blunt, was sabotaged so Rosberg could win in a German car before running away.

Button for example, such a nice guy, hard fought world title against a charging Red Bull and equal team mate, done in stlye!!

Patriotic post over LOL

:o :o
I take it Baaaaa that you don't like German's much...hehe.
Oh well, at least you didn't mention the war  :P

Offline TimmyTime

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 06:05:48 PM »

Patriotic post over LOL

:o :o
I take it Baaaaa that you don't like German's much...hehe.
Oh well, at least you didn't mention the war  :P

What gives you that idea? LOL

Don't worry I am not like this guy..

I am far more subtle...like these guys

You have heard of Hammer time..this is TimmyTime

Offline Scott

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 06:57:24 PM »
You openly admit he wasn't the fastest,  didn't have the best race craft and had to resort to incidents not to be proud of. How can he be great? Yes he won 7 world titles but he cheated at Benetton to win 1 of those and had his team mate in his pocket for all 7!! I have 4 words for you

Alonsofan, “the fastest” is not worth arguing.  There of enough situations when any driver is proven not to be the fastest, even your chosen one.  I was generalizing and just trying to get those arguments off the table.  As for cheating, F1 is a sport that glorifies cheating in technical aspects and many drivers racecraft could easily be charged as cheating.  It’s a judge and jury kind of thing if you ask me.  Depending on your leanings, one thing is considered by one to be unsportsmanlike, and to another - cheating.  Saying it doesn’t make it so.

Patriotic post over LOL

I’ll never accept conspiracy theories.  Rosberg won because he was particularly fast that season, and had more luck than Hamilton.  It can come down to just that sometimes, especially between drivers in a dominant car.

What does Button being a nice guy have to with anything?  He wasn’t always, in fact early on his career he was a proper dickhead in many situations and arrogant as hell.  But he matured into a really likeable guy.  Don’t ignore the fact that the Brawn had a diffuser advantage no other car on the field had, and that alone gave Button the opportunity to win.  He had some luck, drove well and made few mistakes, but the Brawn diffuser gave him the WDC.

Schumacher had a lot of class off the track.  He was and remains the most generous driver philanthropist in modern F1 history.  For him the F1 show was just that - a show, and he used a certain persona in public which by all accounts was very different than his private self.  Say what you want, but the guy has class.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 07:01:37 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 07:58:35 PM »
No matter what spin you put on it Scott cheating is cheating.

The thing is with Fernando, he may have got help with team orders on some occasions but when he did he had already earned the right to benefit from them by challenging for the WDC and being ahead of his team mate. On the other hand, Schumacher had a contracted number two driver from race one every season.
For me personally I always question Schumacher's mental belief. I mean if he was 'so good' why couldn't he challenge his team mate on track?? Maybe he was scared of his team mates, or being shown up on track?

Schumacher was always a bit predictable for my liking. For all these reasons I have no respect for him and what he stands for.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 09:24:55 PM »
You won't convince me Scott. Al Capone was known for his donations to various Chicago charities, didn't make him any less a cold blooded, sadistic killer. Running into your competition to win the WDC is cheating, whether you're German, French or Brazilian.
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 09:30:09 PM »
No matter what spin you put on it Scott cheating is cheating.

The thing is with Fernando, he may have got help with team orders on some occasions but when he did he had already earned the right to benefit from them by challenging for the WDC and being ahead of his team mate. On the other hand, Schumacher had a contracted number two driver from race one every season.
For me personally I always question Schumacher's mental belief. I mean if he was 'so good' why couldn't he challenge his team mate on track?? Maybe he was scared of his team mates, or being shown up on track?

Schumacher was always a bit predictable for my liking. For all these reasons I have no respect for him and what he stands for.

If you don't think Fisichella was under team orders you
need to look at the past more closely. hehe
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 09:56:55 PM »

Schumacher had a lot of class off the track.  He was and remains the most generous driver philanthropist in modern F1 history.  For him the F1 show was just that - a show, and he used a certain persona in public which by all accounts was very different than his private self.  Say what you want, but the guy has class.

Class!?!? Let's ask these people if this is 'class'

Hill

Villeneuve

Coulthard

Not sure any of these incidents show 'class' In the Coulthard clip it more shows a sulky brat blaming someone else for his own c*ck up. If I was Coulthard and he marched into my garage whilst I still had my crash helmet on, I would have nutted the twat.

The other two clips just shows blatant cheating.

Offline Calman

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2019, 10:16:03 PM »
Yes, memorable clips and I remember each one of them clearly!!!!

I wish Michael reached DC that day, Coulthard would have THUMPED him!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Dare

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 11:13:12 PM »
no translation needed

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 03:33:09 AM »
You won't convince me Scott. Al Capone was known for his donations to various Chicago charities, didn't make him any less a cold blooded, sadistic killer. Running into your competition to win the WDC is cheating, whether you're German, French or Brazilian.

I was disputing the “no class” comment with regards to the philanthropy etc.  He made some desperate moves to prevent losing on a few occasions, but so did others.  If it was cheating, then he was punished (DQ’d for a year was his worst I think).

It doesn’t justify the conspiracy theories about team orders or what was written into contracts.  Aside from a very few occasions when the team decided it was necessary to change the order, Schumi easily had the speed on his teammates.  Show me proof to dispute it.  There were, and still are rumors about what is/was in whose contract, but unless one is published, it’s BS to pretend anyone knows.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 03:50:13 AM by Scott »

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 06:40:59 AM »
no translation needed

Thanks for supporting my point above Dare  :good:

As I have already stated, yes Fernando did receive team  orders, when earned and necessary.
I believe that is the Turkish F1 race in 2005. This was race 14 of the calendar of a 19 race season. Fernando was fighting Kimi for the title who was winning the race. Therefore Renault did what all teams would and let their championship challenging driver become second.

To be honest Dare, you could have found an English clip  |-(

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 06:49:38 AM »

I was disputing the “no class” comment with regards to the philanthropy etc.  He made some desperate moves to prevent losing on a few occasions, but so did others.  If it was cheating, then he was punished (DQ’d for a year was his worst I think).

It doesn’t justify the conspiracy theories about team orders or what was written into contracts.  Aside from a very few occasions when the team decided it was necessary to change the order, Schumi easily had the speed on his teammates.  Show me proof to dispute it.  There were, and still are rumors about what is/was in whose contract, but unless one is published, it’s BS to pretend anyone knows.

I will take you back to 2002 Scott. Cast your mind back if you can.
It is race 6 of the season and Schumacher is dominating the season after winning 4 of the 5 first races.
Along came Austria.

Team orders to let Schumacher win. Embarrassing for him, Ferrari and F1 as not needed. I believe basically Rubens was reminded of his contract and asked if he wanted to keep it.
In other words Rubens, "Heel boy, master has spoken"

Offline Scott

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 06:54:40 AM »
I saw it and remember it...what I’m having trouble with, is you pinning it on Schumacher and not the team.  Proves nothing.

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 06:59:37 AM »
I saw it and remember it...what I’m having trouble with, is you pinning it on Schumacher and not the team.  Proves nothing.

For Barrichello to be reminded of his contractual obligations shows Schumacher had Ferrari in his pocket and wanted his team mates, in this case  Rubens, always as a number 2.
There was no need for Ferrari to switch them as they the scored the same amount of points. It was simply to keep Schumacher from having another hissy fit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle