collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 345
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Grosjean a Menace  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Willy

Grosjean a Menace
« on: March 30, 2019, 10:50:48 PM »
Romain Grosjean must bring a bucket full of cash or sponsor money to HAAS to be able to keep his place on the grid. it is not enough to allow him to continue. This guy is dangerous and should be banned from F1. His latest fiasco impeding Norris in quali just shows he has no idea what he is doing or where he should be on track at any time.  He is going to cause an accident...not if but when. Cut him loose Gene!

guest3164

Re: Grosjean a Menace
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 11:01:16 PM »
To be fair, Norris said Grosjean had no chance of getting out of the way as he had just been overtaken by Vettel and had to slow down to give himself space for a flying lap.

Offline Calman

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 11:42:36 PM »
I'm neither here, nor there, on my support for Romain, but to be fair, the team should have some responsibility in letting the driver know that a car on a fast lap is approaching.  From discussions in Qualy, Haas is the only team which do not supply this level of radio communication, which seems nuts to me!!! ... so on that basis, I don't personally hold Romain 100% responsible.

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 12:53:17 AM »
He had a ton of time to check his mirrors, I think everyone who saw the incident was wondering why that car was sitting on the racing line going slowly for so LONG!  Then when he finally realized it, he spun his tires and practically off the track.  Radio support or not, I throw that in his lap.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 08:15:45 AM »
In my opinion, his error was in holding the racing line and not checking his mirrors at key moments, so yes, a lot of the blame will and on his lap. However, the team can't escape without portion of the blame, especially as the pundits clearly underlined the fact that it's far from ideal, where Haas radio communications are concerned.

Best Regards,

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 12:20:20 PM »
"The speed differential was 136 km/h at the point where Norris had to take avoiding action," stated the Stewards' report, why the hell hasn't the Hass been sent to the back of the grid is my complaint. Not only did Romain lose Lando time he also put both drivers in acute danger of injury or worse.  >:(
The FIA is always banging on about driver safety but then give a paltry 3 place grid drop for such dangerous driving from Grosjean and Haas.  :crazy:   

The team bears some responsibility as well as the driver and the only way I can see Haas stepping up to their responsibility and giving radio guidance of approaching cars is to put Grosjean at the back of the field.  |-(

Now it seems Haas' Steiner is claiming Vettel was the cause of this whole situation and his driver should not have got a penalty point on his licence. Here's Grosjean's view of incident:-

"I think it's Vettel that made a mess here, he didn't really respect the unwritten rule that you don't overtake before the last corner," explained Grosjean.
"He passed the queue, came in front of me, so that gave me another three or four seconds to wait.
“We had not accounted for the fact that Vettel would do that, therefore we thought we were clear of Norris. That's probably why they didn't tell me that Norris was on a flying lap.
Courtesy F1i.com, today.

Guenther, Vettel probably did that because his team warned him Norris was on a push lap behind, however it's still your team and drivers responsibility to avoid potential life threatening meandering on the racing line by your cars.  :P
I'd go further Willy both Grosjean and Haas are menaces.   
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 12:25:40 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Willy

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 05:33:56 PM »
My thoughts were not just focused on the Bahrain quali incident but Grosjean's amazing ability to put other drivers in danger just driving near him. He has shown bad judgement and behaviour in every race he is in.
I may be harsh but I feel he a danger to everyone on track.

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 06:47:01 PM »
My thoughts were not just focused on the Bahrain quali incident but Grosjean's amazing ability to put other drivers in danger just driving near him. He has shown bad judgement and behaviour in every race he is in.
I may be harsh but I feel he a danger to everyone on track.

I totally agree with you. He is dangerous and he is rubbish. How is he still a driver???

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 03:48:24 PM »
Even Lando says that Romain was "screwed over" by Vettel. I reckon he should know what really happened. Between that and the lack of radio support Grosjean didn't have a chance.

https://news.yahoo.com/norris-vettel-screwed-over-penalised-184316868.html
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

guest3164

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 06:38:39 PM »
Even Lando says that Romain was "screwed over" by Vettel. I reckon he should know what really happened. Between that and the lack of radio support Grosjean didn't have a chance.

I said the same above Cos, Grosjean had little chance if his team do not warn him.  He is focusing on his own warm up lap, he needed information from his team but he did not get it. 

Offline Calman

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 07:07:16 PM »
I'm glad some of you see both sides of this debate, as I can't blame Romain 100% for the incident.  If anything, Haas should have received a fine IMHO.

Best Regards,

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 08:40:43 PM »

I said the same above Cos, Grosjean had little chance if his team do not warn him.  He is focusing on his own warm up lap, he needed information from his team but he did not get it.

With only 20 cars on track, it wouldn't be difficult for each driver to have their own FIA spotter who's job is to warn drivers of any potential problems they face immediately.  Or maybe a spotter responsible for each corner/section of track?

Historically auto racing uses flags to communicate, but why not a radio?  Other sports allow direct communication between athletes and officials.

Offline Calman

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 09:50:14 PM »
You have to wonder if part of the problem stems from the ruling to limit a large amount of communication/info between team & driver?

As of 2019, I'm not sure what they can and can't share with a driver, but surely a fast car approaching would overrule any communication limitations??

Best Regards,

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 10:00:51 PM »
You have to wonder if part of the problem stems from the ruling to limit a large amount of communication/info between team & driver?

As of 2019, I'm not sure what they can and can't share with a driver, but surely a fast car approaching would overrule any communication limitations??

Best Regards,

It does (these days, the rule only covers coded chat - so you can talk all you want about the car as long as you use plain language - and abuse against named FIA officials), but drivers get blue flag lights in their cockpit too, so it's not really an excuse even then!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle