collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 381
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11252 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: More like the Ferrari we know  (Read 7862 times)

Offline Alonsofan

Re: More like the Ferrari we know
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2019, 09:45:29 PM »
I won't hit you.....but would have had Hamilton ...... Maybe got closer than Seb did LOL

That's a big statement for a little lamb baaaaa

Offline TimmyTime

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2019, 09:56:59 PM »
How do you know I am a little lamb LOL.

I will be fair, Alonso would not have crashed in Germany or in Italy for a start. That would have made it much much closer.

You have heard of Hammer time..this is TimmyTime

Online Dare

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2019, 02:12:10 AM »
Why does every thread turn into a baby cakes thread? Just wondering
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2019, 06:39:52 AM »
My theory on this was that Ferrari was simply flat-footed - they were not expecting either Ferrari to make 5 seconds on its team-mate in the space of 2 laps. As such, the call to wait for 2 laps was simply to evaluate the situation and figure out what they needed to do. After all, it wasn't 100% obvious then whether Leclerc had just used a stint's worth of speed in 5 laps total, or if he was in total control of the situation and Vettel was being over-cautious... ...or indeed whether Ferrari would be better off permitting the swapover due to Leclerc being plain faster. Also, if the Ferraris were genuinely similar in speed, then Ferrari might have wanted them together in order to help with overtaking tactics, if they became needed later (we all know how good Ferrari are at making bad strategy calls...)

If the plan was to save engines on the basis they have to last 7 races, or to favour Vettel, giving a 2-lap instruction was pointless because that just kicked the inevitable decision down the road. They might as well have said "We're holding position for the race" the first time, and risked Charles' wrath later if there was any.

If it was a suspicion that the electrical fault might be pending, I'd have expected more monitoring and target-setting in advance of the breakage, let alone the overtake. Apparently there was a bunch of radio from Leclerc's car not broadcast, but it didn't support the notion that Ferrari knew the car was unusually vulnerable to anything until that "There is something strange with the engine" message.

As it happened, Charles didn't get much choice about following the team order because Vettel made a minor error at the end of the next straight...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle