collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 384
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Podium of Annoyances!! ...  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Calman

Podium of Annoyances!! ...
« on: April 11, 2019, 06:17:20 AM »
What are the top 3 things in life, which "Easily" push your buttons?

Lately, these items listed below "QUALIFY" on my end »»»

1) People who use the word "AWESOME" and "LIKE" 50 times in 6 minutes - an assault on the English Language.
2) Clients who respond by email, stating "Sorry for the Delay, things have been crazy busy lately!!" ... when you have been monitoring their Social Media activities, where they have been actively posting, several times a day.
3) Oh yes!!! ... the Google flashing curser in the Home Page Search Box, only to type a complicated search, look up and see that you have to CLICK AGAIN!!!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Jericoke

Re: Podium of Annoyances!! ...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 03:01:28 PM »
My pet peeve is when people are on a new diet/exercise/lifestyle regime for a whole week and won't shut up about how, like, it's made their lives, like, so awesome.

Stick to it for 6 months and THEN tell me, like, how awesome it is.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 02:58:50 PM »
Probably my top (or bottom) 3 would be:

3. "Blister Packaging" - Almost impossible to open. Just makes me glad I carry a Leatherman on my belt.

2. Cable TV companies - all of them!  :sick:

1. Windows updates - They always seem to happen when I want to shut down my laptop & go home. Then, when I shut it down, up pops some updates and I'm stuck for 15 minutes or so.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 06:24:42 PM by cosworth151 »
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline TimmyTime

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 02:23:34 PM »
Number 1

Not being allowed an opinion. Respect other people let them believe what they want to believe even if you don't agree.

Number 2

People who drain our NHS with problems that can be avoided. Smoking and Obesity for starters.

Number 3

My postman, it is not hard to buzz my door with a parcel!!! Try doing your job properly
You have heard of Hammer time..this is TimmyTime

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 12:35:54 AM »
I can certainly relate to the post person or delivery person.

The number of times I see their employees cut across our yard, stomp through our flowers, take shortcuts in the winter time, leave a parcel at the door in clear daylight, without so much of a doorbell ring or note in your mailbox .... it gets my blood boiling!!!!

The one time I saw a delivery guy head to our door with our new TV, he was surprised I opened the door as he was just about to sit the box down and walk away.  I asked him if he intended ringing the bell >>> #mumble answer 1 .... I then asked him if he required my signature on his Fetch a Sketch >>> #mumble answer 2 .... and that was the outcome of this adventure.   Ironically, I probably caught him on a good day, otherwise, those mumbles would probably have extended to a grunt or cold stare!!!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 09:42:56 AM »
I can't say how the mail works in Canada or the UK, but I was a letter carrier for the USPS for quite a long time. You are told to cut across yards where possible as long as the resident doesn't object. You would have to be home and ask him/her to stop. You are encouraged to leave parcels at the door. Amazon insists on it. If your Amazon parcel is stolen Amazon says they will replace it. Otherwise you must file a claim. If you can prove your claim, the letter carrier may have to pay. When I retired I had 1500 mailboxes on my route. Most got something every day. I was supposed to deliver them all in 8 hours. That's a little more than 3 per minute, not including sorting time or travel time. My route was in Tucson, in a non air conditioned truck where inside temps were recorded as high as 130 in the summer. It is a far more difficult job than most people imagine.
Lonny

guest3164

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 09:49:34 AM »
I have to be honest, I feel sorry for posties and other delivery drivers now.  Too much pressure, low pay, far too many deliveries and as Lonny just said, far too unrealistic targets.  I do get miffed when the lie about attempting deliveries, but by and large I am sympathetic to them.  I wouldn't want to be doing it!

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 01:33:22 AM »
A few years ago I had a friend who drove a Canada Post truck, I believe his job was to empty the large mailboxes on the streets. His first stop every morning was a liquor store where he bought a liter bottle of whiskey to see him through the day. I have no idea how he managed to drive, though he did have an occasional accident. A few of us would meet every evening at the local pub and he often told us about his day on the job. He said he would always deliberately get behind on his schedule, then to finish his route he would be on higher overtime pay after the end of his shift. To add icing on his cake he would then volunteer for after hours special deliveries, for which he got a hefty daily bonus. I never saw him sober, but he was a happy drunk and his wife was very attractive. He looked and acted like Cliff on Cheers...
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 03:01:10 PM »
The letter carriers around here always short cut between houses. In our neighborhood, we even shovel a path through the snow between the houses in the winter for the mailman. For many years, our regular mailman lived about a block & a half away from my house. Jack retired a few years ago & moved to Florida. He said he never wanted to see snow again!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Andy B

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 10:12:01 PM »
Here in NZ we have the option for a bar code to stuck to a position where the Postie can leave a parcel and scan the code but being retired I'm home more often than not and having a large GSD is better than a door  bell.

One of my annoyances is the continuous use of profanities it used to used to emphasise a point but in a lot of cases its every other word so what do they use to emphasise a point?
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 05:59:53 PM »
Annoyance #1:  The unemployable jerks at the traffic lights who wipe my windshield with a dirty rag and then want money to buy drugs.
#2: The jealous jerks who scratch the paint or deliberately door-ding my car in parking lots.
#3: Repetitive commercial ads interrupting while I'm trying to watch the race on TV.
#4: Mechanics who just keep changing parts until they stumble onto the defective one.
#5: Anyone that tediously lectures about their political opinions. 
#6: Lawyers.
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle