collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 382
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: So, here comes the landmark Chinese GP!!! ...  (Read 4566 times)

Offline Scott

Re: So, here comes the landmark Chinese GP!!! ...
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »
Did anyone pluck for Verstappen losing his temper and insulting the other drivers?  He was a little unhappy at being overtaken on his final warm up lap meaning he ended up missing the cut off point.  Inevitably it led to him throwing his toys out the pram.

Article found here:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/142732/verstappen-blasts-rivals-after-missing-final-q3-run

An unwritten rule isn’t a rule. 

I would venture to say that it almost appeared like he was holding the other three up - perhaps in an attempt to make them miss the cutoff.

Max, Max, Max...just shut up and drive the car!
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

guest3164

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2019, 12:08:48 PM »
I totally agree Scott.  It's qualifying, they are all out to create the best situation for themselves.  Blame your team for putting you out then, not the other drivers.

Offline rmassart

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2019, 01:44:19 PM »
I’m with you Cal, I think the teams should be docked WDC points for technical infractions, like engine or gearbox penalties, unsafe releases etc, while drivers should only be penalized for driver infractions.

Whilst this would seem the fair option, I think it would make a farce of the engine rules. Teams could favour winning the drivers championship ahead of the constructors. Once one team does, it they will all do it and use a new engine in each race.

On the other hand, Williams might be constructor champions again!

Offline rmassart

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2019, 01:49:58 PM »
Very interesting qualifying actually if you look at it.  The top 10 especially are lined up team by team and you can see the gaps are 'generally' tight in the inter team battles (one exception, Verstappen/Gasly again).  Is China the track that really shows the cars strengths over the drivers? 

Bottas -> Hamilton- 0.023
Vettel -> Leclerc- 0.017
Verstappen -> Gasly- 0.841
Ricciardo -> Hulkenberg - 0.004  :o
Kind of dull maybe, I just found it very interesting to see how close the inter team battles were this weekend leading to an almost Noah's Ark like qualifying of them going in 2 by 2 (yes, I went to a Church of England Primary School and obviously it left some impact  :D )

Not dull at all. Maybe just a fluke, but this looks like it could be a storming race. Gasly sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't give him much longer at Red Bull. Kvyat to return???

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2019, 03:22:39 PM »
I'm not a Max supporter by any means but I reckon Vettel is taking all the others down a slippery slope barging through in last run in Q3.  >:(

Max & others are bound to use this a model to screw with others leading up to quali laps in following races, an unwritten rule may become a huge area of controversy for the Stewards and could lead to more rules getting in the way of the action.  ::)

Can't see the greats of old resting easy with such ungentlemanly conduct at official 1000th F1 race.  :-[
I'm talking Fangio, Clark, JYS, Moss et al, rather than the Lauda's, Senna's or Schumi's.   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 03:25:52 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2019, 04:28:25 PM »
Renault and Ferrari realized they were running it pretty tight, while Max was taking his sweet time setting up.  If they hadn’t passed him, I really think they would have missed the cut off.  As it was, the second Renault barely made it before the red lights.  I put it all on Max or Red Bull for timing it so there would be nothing left for the drivers behind and Max getting so flustered that he didn’t pay attention to his pit wall when they told him to go.  Even Haas were complaining that Verstappen was holding everyone back and his drivers ended up missing the cut as well.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:33:18 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2019, 08:27:14 PM »
I may not be able to make it to the Chat Room for the race tonight. I'll be back for Azerbaijan. (Yes, I did use Spell Check on that.)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2019, 01:13:32 AM »
Sorry Luke, did you say something there???

I fell asleep due to the same intensity of interest delivered from a House of Commons Special!!  :DD :DD :DD

Seriously though, you are correct on so many levels.  People who watch F1 for the overall entertainment, will be really enjoying what's unfolding at the front end of the grid.   Mercedes and Ferrari in close battle, as well as their respective drivers I battle with each other, with no hint as yet to who will become the (dare I say it) ... #1 Driver in those teams.

Encouraging Qualy for Renault and a slight redeeming performance for Gasly.  However, Stroll is no longer at Williams and to some degree, has nowhere to hide, as Perez delivers some decent laps in the mid field battle.

Oh yes, I smiled when Rosberg commented on Vettel's "Tash" (Sky Sports coverage).   I like Rosberg a lot more after his co-presenting role with Simon.  Also, apart from the fact that Seb does NOT look good with a mustache, it's been bugging me as to who he reminds me off ... then I found this >>>

Sure I've missed other key happenings from qualy, but those are the things that spring to mind, other than Mad Max's moaning. 

Enjoy the *cough* 1000th race tomorrow.

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle