collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 364
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11252 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Williams isues not all Lowe's fault  (Read 5533 times)

Online Dare

Williams isues not all Lowe's fault
« on: April 21, 2019, 02:46:14 PM »
Clair needs to share the blame too. She's proven to
me she doesn't have what it takes to run William's

https://www.planetf1.com/news/kubica-williams-issues-not-all-lowes-fault/

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

guest3164

Re: Williams isues not all Lowe's fault
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 04:50:15 PM »
I disagree as if we are to blame her now, we need to congratulate her on the run of form where the team came 3rd for two consecutive seasons. 

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 05:30:29 PM »
I disagree as if we are to blame her now, we need to congratulate her on the run of form where the team came 3rd for two consecutive seasons.

The buck stops with Claire, win or lose. I'd love to see her with continued success, but as long as they're not succeeding, it's up to Claire to either fix it, or hand things over to someone else.

I don't think she has to go, but she does need to oversee a rebuild of the operation.  (Note, this doesn't mean replacing all the employees, it's entirely possible they have all the right people, just need a new perspective to bring it all together)

guest3164

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 05:36:54 PM »
She is not the technical director nor is she actually team principal, that is still technically Frank.  It is also why Patrick Head has been drafted back in.  However, she did a good enough job a few years ago and I do not think many people thought it would go so badly when Lowe was brought in along with Dirk de Beer.  I refuse to throw her under the bus when in my mind she has tried to the right moves, moves I think most would have thought sensible.

Online Dare

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 10:12:49 PM »
Ferrari throws you under the bus even with
good results. Frank doesn't have anything
to do with what's going on now...IMO

You can't blame the tire changer on William's
woes. They need to get people that know how to
win.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 10:20:25 PM »
Paddy cannot have gone from good at Mercedes to bad at Williams so quickly so there needs to be a bigger problem and what that is cannot be seen from the outside!
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Online Dare

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 10:42:45 PM »
Paddy cannot have gone from good at Mercedes to bad at Williams so quickly so there needs to be a bigger problem and what that is cannot be seen from the outside!

I think having ones head in the sand might
explain it. Having a car not ready for testing
is inexcusable. The other teams had the same
time frame and their's were ready

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 01:26:36 AM »
I think it comes down to aero. Williams doesn't have a good aero designer/engineer and without down force you're nowhere. Claire could be the best team Principle, Lowe the best Director and without a Newey they'd be DOA.
Lonny

Offline Willy

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 01:47:53 PM »
I watched a speech Claire gave to her team members at the start of the 2018 season and it was, or should have been, a motivational speech to give the team incentive and drive to succeed. It was nothing like that at all. It was lacklustre and depressing. Claire has no idea how to get people fired up about the Williams team and shoud be gone. Very,very rarely do family members who are given the reins from the original member who had the vison and drive to get an organization up and succceding, have what it takes go carry on successfully. Clearly Claire does not have the ability and she should step back and concentrate on motherhood as her young children need her and F1 does not.

Online Dare

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 06:56:42 PM »
When my uncle retired he left a siding business he
had for forty years to his son. It was bankrupt in 3 years

Offline Monty

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 12:42:25 PM »
From what I have heard through some contacts, Frank is still involved - he still has final say in hiring & firing and budget decisions. It must be really difficult for Claire (his daughter) to stand up to him.
If it is true that she was instrumental in bringing the sponsors (Martini and now RoKit) she clearly does deserve her position. Personally I do think Paddy was the problem. He felt over-shadowed in the Mercedes management team and wanted to show that he had the technical ability to manage the design of a good car. Unfortunately he was not as good as he thought - or he wasn't allowed to do exactly what he wanted. We will probably never know! Clearly the biggest problem Williams have is lack of money. I think it is almost inevitable now that they will have to accept a total acquisition or a 'buy-in' from someone with deep pockets if they are going to survive.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 03:11:59 PM »
From what I have heard through some contacts, Frank is still involved - he still has final say in hiring & firing and budget decisions. It must be really difficult for Claire (his daughter) to stand up to him.
If it is true that she was instrumental in bringing the sponsors (Martini and now RoKit) she clearly does deserve her position. Personally I do think Paddy was the problem. He felt over-shadowed in the Mercedes management team and wanted to show that he had the technical ability to manage the design of a good car. Unfortunately he was not as good as he thought - or he wasn't allowed to do exactly what he wanted. We will probably never know! Clearly the biggest problem Williams have is lack of money. I think it is almost inevitable now that they will have to accept a total acquisition or a 'buy-in' from someone with deep pockets if they are going to survive.

If Frank is still in charge (and I agree, there's really not reason to believe he isn't), it must be frustrating for both Williams's.  He puts in the work, but can't be there, she has to be there, but can't put in the work.  I'm going to guess that their working relationship is a healthy one, or else she would step away.

The key is the budget.  You certainly don't need to have the biggest budget to compete, but it makes things much easier.  There does seem to be a new wave of billionaires interested in entering the sport.  I'd hate to see Williams simply replaced by someone new, but a smart investor must know that building on Williams is smarter than starting from scratch.  (Although following the Haas template must be tempting)

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 11:20:25 PM »
Jeri following the Haas model is very difficult, who else out there is able to construct an F1 car under contract?  :DntKnw:

They can't use Dallara as each chassis manufacturer can only construct one teams F1 car.
Dallara is the biggest part of how Haas model works - not necessarily their tie up with Ferrari - as far as I can see. 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

guest3164

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 01:28:55 PM »
Today was definitely not Lowe's fault.  Nope, we can firmly blame the Baku race track for the latest calamity to hit the team.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 03:21:55 PM »
Between the manhole cover & the crane smacking the bridge, it sure doesn't look like a well run race. I hope the promoters will have to pay Williams for the damage.

I doubt they will, but I can always hope.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle