collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 365
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hero’s & Zero’s Baku  (Read 5113 times)

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Hero’s & Zero’s Baku
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 08:49:03 PM »
I know Robert brought some money but I didn't think it was 'big' money like Lance Stroll was providing??

From what I gather, it's about 50% more than any other pay driver willing to take the seat was offering, given that the previous high bidder's backer got arrested. It's a big enough amount to mean the difference between Williams making a profit and a  significant loss, which means he's paying for next year's improvements to the car. Which he can't do if Williams needs to refund his sponsors.

I don't think Kubica has failed; remember his car still hasn't been fully repaired since the Australian GP qualifying (where it crashed due to working properly for the first time all season), and the damage appears to have been a factor in Robert's qualifying crash in Baku. Next race, when I believe both Kubica and Russell are due to get new improved chassis, we can start doing reasonable comparisons.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Monty

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 08:29:49 AM »
As ever, I bow to Ali's superior knowledge!
I have that difficult dilemma; I really want Robert to do well but I do not think that he can. If he is providing a lot of cash then he certainly should continue to be given a chance. I will continue to watch with my fingers crossed!

Offline Robem64

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »
I was in Baku for this race and I don't have much to add to the earlier H&Z's listed.

What I would say is that McLaren seem far more switched on this year in every respect and Norris is driving superbly. They were the only team in FP that I saw practising a nose swap - very sensible given Baku's history of chaos. Obviously the cause didn't happen this year but good to see they were ready for it.
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 01:58:16 PM »
I was in Baku for this race and I don't have much to add to the earlier H&Z's listed.

What I would say is that McLaren seem far more switched on this year in every respect and Norris is driving superbly. They were the only team in FP that I saw practising a nose swap - very sensible given Baku's history of chaos. Obviously the cause didn't happen this year but good to see they were ready for it.

Getting to see a race live makes you a hero... and for those of us jealous, maybe a bit of a zero  :P

I think it was a good race.  It wasn't spectacular with any particular defining moment or shining highlight, but there was enough going on to keep it interesting.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle