collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 344
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: W Series just starting on ch4 womens F3 racing  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Ian

W Series just starting on ch4 womens F3 racing
« on: May 04, 2019, 03:07:04 PM »
Sounds good, 1st race is Hochenheim.

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Ian

Re: W Series just starting on ch4 womens F3 racing
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 04:16:18 PM »
Was a good race, was won by a Brit, Jamie Chadwick, it was better than some of the F1 races we've seen. Next race is in two weeks time at Zolder, Belgium.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 06:22:12 PM »
I saw it as well Ian, you're right good race but the commentary was lousy, if that lady had said historic one more time I would have deserted the race 3/4 way through.

Lee and Ted opened the show well only for the broadcast to go downhill, from a sound point of view, once the race started.

Find it a bit difficult telling the drivers apart when on track as they all have standard liveries in about four colours, sometimes four identically couloured cars were fighting for the same place.
They all have to change cars and engineers next race so we'll have to go through spotting them in differing colours again.  :confused: 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 01:27:43 PM »
I found it horrendous, and am surprised the series didn't get slated.

There was not a single true statement in the opening screed. The marketing appeared to be a combination of erroneous statements and lack of optimisation (the latter was exemplified by the selection process - there was lots of scope to do more than a three-minute birds-eye view) The sound was awful, giving me earache before the race began - and it still didn't mask that the F3 car was heavily detuned. The detuned car meant that the good drivers couldn't show that they were better than the people jumping from karts to an F3 car.

I had more information about the drivers when I went to Mini Sevens in 2017 than was provided here, making the race virtually impossible to follow from the timing screen and giving little differentiation or reason to care about anyone in particular. People seemed either enthusiastic or informed, but only Ted Kravitz was both. It didn't seem like the commentators had been briefed because they kept resorting to speculative analogies on matters where there should really have been direct knowledge of the series. The driver-car matches were the most glaring examples of this - some obvious-to-commentator method of spotting who was who should have been in place, so even if spectators had no idea who was who, commentators didn't have to resort to sheer guesswork. I could not see any redeeming elements to what was provided, and I think it's about to send 22 careers down the toilet. (Particularly annoying since if Jaime were male, I think she'd be a DTM driver this year).

You won't be surprised to hear I will not be watching any subsequent rounds. Dad wants to give it one more go, simply to see whether they improve.

I'm still trying to see where the overtaking was happening, because I think I saw three passes during the entire race (two of those being effectively due to one driver missing their braking point and later getting the place back in a way that had felt inevitable). Mainline F3 races tend to have lots of overtaking, but this one did not - probably due to the car's depowered nature.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle