collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 384
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Correct penalty, wrong reason  (Read 5291 times)

Offline Monty

Re: Correct penalty, wrong reason
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 03:40:00 PM »
I know the 'stock cars' discussion is 'tongue in cheek' but the problem with allowing 'contact' in motor sport is controlling the extent that some drivers will go to.
British Touring Cars tried to allow reasonable contact but (particularly in the third and last race of each meeting) there were cars getting punted-off everywhere and drivers were getting hurt. Therefore, they now have to introduce stewards decisions as to what is 'reasonable'. I think F1 must stick to the original non-contact rules but if they could improve overtaking by changing the technical regs and the tracks there would be no need for contact. So we are back to; how to make overtaking easier?

Offline Andy B

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 02:30:16 AM »
Allowing F1 cars to "bump" ant anything up to 200 mph is asking for someone to die its as simple as that.
As for the Vettel penalty the stewards have been backed into a corner as drivers want penalties, they call for them on the radio all the time, then it happens to one of them and teddy goes out the pram.
You also have to remember that Vettel is fighting for his credibility which is evaporating rapidly.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Dare

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 03:03:01 AM »
Ferrari has ditched two World Champions so Vettel
must know he could be next. Ferrari has lost the Drivers
Championship this year so why not let Charles show us what he has.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline rmassart

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 05:29:05 AM »
There are rumours that Vettel will retire this year. I don't know how serious they are but his whole demeanor this year doesn't seem to me like someone who's going to hang around for much longer.  He's got a family with two kids and I wouldn't blame him for calling it quits.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 03:43:03 PM »
There are rumours that Vettel will retire this year. I don't know how serious they are but his whole demeanor this year doesn't seem to me like someone who's going to hang around for much longer.  He's got a family with two kids and I wouldn't blame him for calling it quits.

Kind of makes you appreciate why Nico Rosberg quit while on top.

Offline Philbe

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 08:53:39 PM »
The question of who was in the right or wrong could be debated until the cows come home. The one thing I can tell you is one Ferrari fan was so mad at the penalty, he threw his beer over the fence onto the track. Luckily it landed in the grass. So for the fans in red there was no debate.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 10:35:00 PM »

Kind of makes you appreciate why Nico Rosberg quit while on top.

Rosberg admitted he quit due to the pressure he had to put on himself to beat Hamilton it affected his home life too.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle