collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 502
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

What Prize Would you Like Most?

F1 Watch
1 (33.3%)
Part of an F1 Car
1 (33.3%)
F1 Model (big one)
1 (33.3%)
Membership to an F1 Team
0 (0%)
Something else (please post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: F1 Grid Game Prize  (Read 11715 times)

Offline Wizzo

F1 Grid Game Prize
« on: March 19, 2007, 05:19:40 PM »

Hi Guys,

Please let me know what you think would be the best prize for our F1 Grid Game from the poll above. If you have any other ideas then please post them here.

Also let me know what you think of the prizes offered.

Cheers

Wiz

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

Re: F1 Grid Game Prize
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 06:01:56 PM »
You could always offer me and the ma-in-law a pair of tickets, all expenses paid to the Malaysian GP he he, no, seriously tho' the prizes are fine. Lets not forget Wizard, this is THE f1 site and the competitions are fun and anyone wanting to win a thumping big prize is missing, I think, the essence of GP-Wizard, it's serious about f1 but also entertaining 'cos we can all joke with one another without offence being taken.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 06:10:57 PM »
You could always offer me and the ma-in-law a pair of tickets, all expenses paid to the Malaysian GP he he, no, seriously tho' the prizes are fine. Lets not forget Wizard, this is THE f1 site and the competitions are fun and anyone wanting to win a thumping big prize is missing, I think, the essence of GP-Wizard, it's serious about f1 but also entertaining 'cos we can all joke with one another without offence being taken.

well put Ian,people on this site are probably the
friendliest of all f1 sites.It's a real pleasure getting to know
the members
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 06:23:09 PM »
Hi Wizard, I think that any prize you give out is extremely generous considering nobody else contributes financially to this site!

Neil.P

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 06:50:01 PM »
Absolutely spot on Neil, personally, I'd be happy with :- And the winner is "blah blah"

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 06:56:34 PM »
Absolutely spot on Neil, personally, I'd be happy with :- And the winner is "blah blah"

The winner would have bragging rights till
next year,not that anyone would brag here :yahoo:
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 07:01:44 PM »
 None of us would brag. Would we ?  :nono: :DntKnw: :-[

davewilson

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 09:52:15 AM »
When i win just a mention will be fine with me.

The Stig

Offline romephius

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 10:20:09 AM »
Mate, let me be the first smart a*se on this site to say "IT WAS AN HONOUR JUST TO BE NOMINATED"  :crazy:

But seriously, you contribute so much financially for this site to exist, all the winners of prizes from you (I know I speak for all of us), are all completely overwhelmed by your selfless generosity, I have to agree with the others, whilst prizes are great and all, what must it say about this sites members if we can't have just a friendly game and no put a burden on you.....I think the others will agree with me when I say, you have been giving out prizes to us, why not reward yourself for all your hard work.......

And I will try to use my skills and software to come up with something special for you to enjoy as a thanx from Australia.

A devoted GPWizard fan and member
Rom

davewilson

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 02:05:57 PM »
Thank you for the kind words of support rom.
The site is all down to Wizard.He had it up and running long before i joined.He should be the one to get all the kudos,all i have done is added a few articles along the way.....Cant wait to see what you come up with next though?

The Stig
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 02:17:41 PM by The Stig »

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 03:46:47 PM »
Bragging rights will be fine. Not that any of us would brag, though. (I'm in third place :yahoo:)

All joking aside, Wizard, you do more than enough giving us F1 fiends this place to get together. As dare and I have often said, F1 info is a scarce thing here in the States. Good F1 conversation is even nore rare. Thanx, Wizard!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 05:06:43 PM »

Ahhh you guys are making me blush.  :-[ I'm glad you love the forum as much as I do.

It's a constant drain on my finances but the wife and kids gladly go without food to keep you lot happy. They soon forget their hungry bellies when we sit round the last remaining candle and I tell them what you've all been up to on the forum.

They laugh out loud and I can literally see their ribs being tickled by your antics. If I ever get to meet you I will raise a weak and weary hand and try and shake yours.

Each and everyone of you has played your part in putting a smile on my families chapped lips.

Seriously though.......we are all very hungry!

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 12:03:31 AM »

Ahhh you guys are making me blush.  :-[ I'm glad you love the forum as much as I do.

It's a constant drain on my finances but the wife and kids gladly go without food to keep you lot happy. They soon forget their hungry bellies when we sit round the last remaining candle and I tell them what you've all been up to on the forum.

They laugh out loud and I can literally see their ribs being tickled by your antics. If I ever get to meet you I will raise a weak and weary hand and try
and shake yours.

Each and everyone of you has played your part in putting a smile on my families chapped lips.

Seriously though.......we are all very hungry!

You've really touched a soft spot in mine and I'm
sure in each and every one of the forum members.
We know you would be to proud to accept any aid,
financial or food,so we will all say a little prayer
for you and your wonderful family :'(

It's times like this that truly test
a man's character,so stand tall
and make us proud. :good:

Sorry,I've got to run,for I hear
the lonely call of dinner bells :tease:

davewilson

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 02:55:23 PM »
I thought you lot just eat junk food?

The Stig

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 03:10:01 PM »
we eat a balanced diet from the 4 basic food groups:

1. Fast Food
2. Frozen Food
3. Junk Food
4. Microwave Food.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle