collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 357
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Sebastian Vettel "Right of Review"  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Jericoke

Sebastian Vettel "Right of Review"
« on: June 20, 2019, 08:15:12 PM »
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11745436/sebastian-vettel-penalty-review-case-set-for-french-gp-friday

Feelings aside as to whether Vettel deserved his penalty or not, is it fair to reverse the penalty after the fact?

Hamilton drove a race to stay within 5 seconds of Vettel; there was no need to risk another attempted pass.  With that penalty removed, it deprives Hamilton of the opportunity to pass for the win.

I would certainly understand if any penalty points were removed from Vettel's license.  Similarly, if he was DSQ after the race, it wouldn't affect anything if he was re-admitted.

Online Dare

Re: Sebastian Vettel "Right of Review"
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 09:08:31 PM »
What new evidence could they Have> Hope they add extra
seconds on him.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 10:35:07 PM »
There has to be the risk that the penalty will be increased which could only let Leclerc into second place but I feel that they will reject the review which is the first step.
I was surprised they had not included "Gaining an advantage" as he left the track affectively cutting the corner and remained in the lead and I doubt the review would be happening if that had been the case.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 11:12:54 AM »
We'll be right back to the bad ole days of Ferrari International Assistance if this review overturns the penalty.  :nono:  :crazy:  :crazy:

Hey maybe they know damn well it can't succeed but they feel they have to do it to stop childish Seb's whingeing on about it and get him focused again.
In which case I hope he gets an increased penalty to 10secs so he moves down a place - might stop him from terrible infantile behaviour at a future GP.

I found this summation by Peter Windsor, on Seb's and penalties in general, the best I've seen.
His reference to Senna probably being hit by stewards at most races these days and the comment "what was Seb doing on the grass" make it for me.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 11:47:18 AM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 03:26:23 PM »
There has to be the risk that the penalty will be increased which could only let Leclerc into second place but I feel that they will reject the review which is the first step.
I was surprised they had not included "Gaining an advantage" as he left the track affectively cutting the corner and remained in the lead and I doubt the review would be happening if that had been the case.

I hope the ultimate outcome of this farce is a clear ruling if an F1 car is allowed to leave the track or not.

(I'd have thought that rule was settled, but a surprising number of 'experts' seem to think it was okay for Vettel to leave the track and dangerously rejoin ahead of Hamilton, so what do I know?)

Offline Monty

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
So the final, final decision is; 'no appeal'!
Now they are investigating Hamilton for a possible unsafe rejoin!! Neatly forgetting that this was Free Practice, he didn't take any advantage and he was nowhere near Verstappen when he rejoined!! (Verstappen was put-off a little and went out on the marbles).

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »
Now they are investigating Hamilton for a possible unsafe rejoin!! Neatly forgetting that this was Free Practice, he didn't take any advantage and he was nowhere near Verstappen when he rejoined!! (Verstappen was put-off a little and went out on the marbles).

Because they noticed it, they had to investigate.

It seems like neither driver was remotely bothered by the incident, possibly because practise is relatively low-stakes. Nice to see two high-level drivers agree on something :D
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 03:24:00 PM »
Here are the reasons the FIA gave for rejecting the appeal:

1. Analysis of the telemetry data of Vettel’s car, including car attitude channels
2.  A video analysis of the camera views (front view, top view, onboard cameras of Vettel and Lewis Hamilton) prepared after the race
3. A video analysis performed by Karun Chandhok for Sky Sports after the race
4. A video of Vettel’s face camera, which was released by F1 Limited after the race
5. Post-race and video images
6. Analysis of the GPS racing line data of both Hamilton and Vettel in the Situation lap and in the previous race laps
7. Witness statement of Vettel

https://racer.com/2019/06/21/ferrari-request-to-review-vettel-penalty-rejected-by-fia/
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 04:34:43 PM »
Here are the reasons the FIA gave for rejecting the appeal:

1. Analysis of the telemetry data of Vettel’s car, including car attitude channels
2.  A video analysis of the camera views (front view, top view, onboard cameras of Vettel and Lewis Hamilton) prepared after the race
3. A video analysis performed by Karun Chandhok for Sky Sports after the race
4. A video of Vettel’s face camera, which was released by F1 Limited after the race
5. Post-race and video images
6. Analysis of the GPS racing line data of both Hamilton and Vettel in the Situation lap and in the previous race laps
7. Witness statement of Vettel

https://racer.com/2019/06/21/ferrari-request-to-review-vettel-penalty-rejected-by-fia/

In laymans terms...they tried to cheat. Charles beat Vettel
in qualifying again,how long before Ferrari starts backing him?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 10:27:10 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised that no reason was found to wreck Charles' race today. Not for one minute do I think he now has equality (he's still more than one win behind, which would be reason enough to apply team orders in a place like Ferrari), but at least now it seems they are willing to let him have a good strategy when other concerns aren't in play.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle