F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

British GP Hero's & Zero's

(1/5) > >>

Willy:
Nice to watch the British Gp at Silverstone as it is the location of the heart of F1.

Hero's

Hamilton.
This driver has it all and knows his car so well he can get more out of it then Bottas. He pulls off a fastest lap on the last lap of the race on hard tires that had run over 25 laps and should have been changed out 5 laps ago.

Sainz.
Gained 7 positions in the race. Great job fending off Danny for lap after lap and bringing home Macca in the points again.

Leclerc
Wonderful neck and neck battle with Dirty Max. Great to watch.

Zero's

Vettel
Quali sucked and then you rear-end Max to collect a 10-sec penalty. Are you trying to get punted from Ferrari?  Methinks you have had it with F1 and are looking for an out.

Silverstone Pit Lane
I have not been able to watch F1 for a few years so today's race was the first for me in a while, and I did not notice when then pitlane changed and was dug down at the end. It appears that there is a tall concrete wall stopping the fans from seeing any pit-lane action as part of the lane is below ground. Is this so? And why?

Nope, can't think of more.

Dare:
Hero's

Hamilton-now thinking he's the best of all time
               but driving the Mercedes may be part of it

LeClerc-3rd is what he deserved and despite Ferrari he
             got it. Any doubt he's number one now

Silverstone-for just being Silverstone

Zero's

Seb- for taking out Max

Max-for karma allowing one of his moves to
        take him out

Ferrari-if they don't demote Vetted to number 2

Jericoke:
Heroes

A great race, especially the fights between Ferrari and Red Bull.  It looks like word has gotten out that 'hard racing' is 'fair racing'.  It's a bit of a shift, but if the drivers, teams and stewards are on board, and this is the result, I think it will be okay.

Zeroes

I've given Grosjean the benefit of the doubt, but... come on.  That's not how to drive an F1 car.

Vettel just isn't the driver he was.  Certainly other drivers who have won championships have raced too long, racing with heart, but at a loss of skill.  Vettel is the only one I've seen where he retains his skill, but with a loss of heart. 

lkjohnson1950:
Drivers will meet with the FIA to discuss penalties and how much "freedom to race" they have July 23, after the German GP. Todt expects to discuss "hard racing" and use of runoff areas.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/07/14/drivers-to-meet-fia-and-stewards-to-discuss-penalty-controversies/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+f1fanatic+%28RaceFans+-+Independent+Motorsport+Coverage%29

cosworth151:
Heroes:

Silverstone, Hamilton & Leclerc - For the reasons mentioned above.

The Stewards - Thanks for nothing! Seriously, thank you very much for pretty much doing nothing to interfere with a fine race. You let the race be settled on that track instead of in the stewards' office. That's how racing is meant to be.

Zeroes:

Haas - The First Commandment of Racing is Thou Shalt Not take out thy team mate. They've also brought the great NASCAR tradition of the Start & Park team to F1. Start the race, run a couple of laps, bring the car in, load it on the trailer, grab the starting money & split.

ESPN - They've long been putting the Free Practice sessions out on their extra cost ESPNU. Now, they've moved Quali out there. We're back where we were years ago, searching the internet for bootleg feeds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version