collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 500
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: British GP Hero's & Zero's  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: British GP Hero's & Zero's
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 10:06:02 PM »
You could also try www.sparksport.co.nz who stream the Sky coverage I'm assuming it'll work anywhere which I am due to find out as I'm heading away for a holiday including the Hungarian GP.

Excellent! It is a fantastic race weekend. Don't miss the waffle stand at the back of the circuit (or the banter between its three chefs, two of whom speak good English).

But please, please promise me one thing... ...that you will drink lots and lots of water. (Ask me how I know. The book is pending).

Edit: I should probably do the whole "Heroes and Zeroes" thing...

Heroes:

Leclerc: He wasn't kidding when he said last race was an eye-opener. I thought he and Verstappen were going to crash about four times during their battle, and seeing him teach Max how to do his own signature moves properly was fun. Ferrari were not exactly covering themselves in glory but thanks to Charles, they got away with it.

Hamilton: Excellent domination all race despite starting from 2nd.

Gasly: Say it quietly, but I think he might have turned the corner.

Honourable mentions:

Verstappen for his role in the fight that is likely to be one of the things 2019 is most remembered for. Misses the "heroes" list for two reasons: his Red Bull was faster than he made it look at most points during the race, and he apparently still has no control over what comes out of his mouth after races.

The stewards for being careful not to confuse things even further.
Sainz for his overtaking antics.
Albon for making that long tyre stint work.
BWT (a Racing Point sponsor) for donating £1,000 to Breast Cancer Care for every position a Racing Point driver improves. Maybe this race wasn't the biggest amount ever added but it's a start.
Everyone involved in getting the race on the calendar for the next 5 years.

Zeroes

Lightning Volt: The company messed up its reputation with Haas as Rich Energy so badly that it was forced to change its name and toss out its CEO to stay afloat (for how long?) Not that Mr Storey brought much to the table other than a big mouth and bad manners, it seems. Haas handled the matter with grace.

Grosjean: Less graceful was the collision the Haases had with each other at the start of the race. Romain is looking increasingly like a man headed for the exit door.

Vettel: When he asked "What did Verstappen think he was doing?"... ...the question would have been better directed at himself. Sebastian was, after all, the man who'd apparently forgotten his braking point at the most embarrassing moment possible. He got a penalty, but I'm not sure it's going to help.

Dishonourable mentions:

Jean Todt for trying to make himself "relevant" by proposing things nobody appears to want.

You may get the idea I enjoyed this one, with good reason :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:23:45 PM by Alianora La Canta »
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 12:50:26 AM »
Alia, did you see, Albon could not stop because something went wrong with his electrics giving his car "High Voltage" The mechanics collected his car with rubber gloves. He couldn't stop for tires because he wasn't allowed in the pits.
Lonny

Offline Monty

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 02:32:45 AM »
I managed to see the race on Sky just before rushing to the airport for a flight to China. I have to say I really enjoyed the race and it improved my mood which was not great due to the imminent loss of 3weeks of my life in the Chinese outback!
I think I agree with most comments already made. Hamilton was exceptional! He really does seem to get additional speed from the crowd - that fastest lap was amazing!
I can’t believe I am saying this but I feel a little sorry for Seb! He decided to ‘race’ and if he had pulled off an overtake we would have applauded him. Max did look like he was going to leave a gap but then closed it (not unreasonably) and Seb lost downforce- it really was just a racing incident.

Offline Scott

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 04:57:59 AM »
Not to support Vettel - he should have clearly made sure he had enough room to brake regardless of where Max was, but the incident was very similar to when Ricciardo rear ended Max last year.  Max chopped the attempt and took the downforce away meaning DR  had no chance to brake, just like Seb, and a similar result, although Max didn’t take as much damage as the last time.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 11:25:38 AM »
Alia, did you see, Albon could not stop because something went wrong with his electrics giving his car "High Voltage" The mechanics collected his car with rubber gloves. He couldn't stop for tires because he wasn't allowed in the pits.

I did see. A lot of drivers would have faded spectacularly after being put in that position. Albon managed his stint really well, despite having presumably treated the first few laps of the stint as if it was going to be much shorter. This is very skilful driving, hence I'm putting him in the "heroes" category accordingly.

I don't want to tell Honda or Toro Rosso off for it because relatively minor unreliability can happen to anyone (even if this one had scary potential consequences).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 12:29:36 PM »
You could also try www.sparksport.co.nz who stream the Sky coverage I'm assuming it'll work anywhere which I am due to find out as I'm heading away for a holiday including the Hungarian GP.

But please, please promise me one thing... ...that you will drink lots and lots of water. (Ask me how I know. The book is pending).

I live in New Zealand, that place where ozone is thin and you get burnt in 10 minutes, so Kiwi's always drink lots of water.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2019, 01:11:30 AM »
I live in New Zealand, that place where ozone is thin and you get burnt in 10 minutes, so Kiwi's always drink lots of water.

Good to hear it. You'll have a great time, then :)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle