collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 382
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: British GP Hero's & Zero's  (Read 4991 times)

Offline Willy

British GP Hero's & Zero's
« on: July 14, 2019, 07:56:59 PM »
Nice to watch the British Gp at Silverstone as it is the location of the heart of F1.

Hero's

Hamilton.
This driver has it all and knows his car so well he can get more out of it then Bottas. He pulls off a fastest lap on the last lap of the race on hard tires that had run over 25 laps and should have been changed out 5 laps ago.

Sainz.
Gained 7 positions in the race. Great job fending off Danny for lap after lap and bringing home Macca in the points again.

Leclerc
Wonderful neck and neck battle with Dirty Max. Great to watch.

Zero's

Vettel
Quali sucked and then you rear-end Max to collect a 10-sec penalty. Are you trying to get punted from Ferrari?  Methinks you have had it with F1 and are looking for an out.

Silverstone Pit Lane
I have not been able to watch F1 for a few years so today's race was the first for me in a while, and I did not notice when then pitlane changed and was dug down at the end. It appears that there is a tall concrete wall stopping the fans from seeing any pit-lane action as part of the lane is below ground. Is this so? And why?

Nope, can't think of more.

Offline Dare

Re: British GP Hero's & Zero's
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 10:53:56 PM »
Hero's

Hamilton-now thinking he's the best of all time
               but driving the Mercedes may be part of it

LeClerc-3rd is what he deserved and despite Ferrari he
             got it. Any doubt he's number one now

Silverstone-for just being Silverstone

Zero's

Seb- for taking out Max

Max-for karma allowing one of his moves to
        take him out

Ferrari-if they don't demote Vetted to number 2
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 04:39:19 AM »
Heroes

A great race, especially the fights between Ferrari and Red Bull.  It looks like word has gotten out that 'hard racing' is 'fair racing'.  It's a bit of a shift, but if the drivers, teams and stewards are on board, and this is the result, I think it will be okay.

Zeroes

I've given Grosjean the benefit of the doubt, but... come on.  That's not how to drive an F1 car.

Vettel just isn't the driver he was.  Certainly other drivers who have won championships have raced too long, racing with heart, but at a loss of skill.  Vettel is the only one I've seen where he retains his skill, but with a loss of heart. 

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 05:40:25 AM »
Drivers will meet with the FIA to discuss penalties and how much "freedom to race" they have July 23, after the German GP. Todt expects to discuss "hard racing" and use of runoff areas.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/07/14/drivers-to-meet-fia-and-stewards-to-discuss-penalty-controversies/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+f1fanatic+%28RaceFans+-+Independent+Motorsport+Coverage%29
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 02:44:35 PM »
Heroes:

Silverstone, Hamilton & Leclerc - For the reasons mentioned above.

The Stewards - Thanks for nothing! Seriously, thank you very much for pretty much doing nothing to interfere with a fine race. You let the race be settled on that track instead of in the stewards' office. That's how racing is meant to be.

Zeroes:

Haas - The First Commandment of Racing is Thou Shalt Not take out thy team mate. They've also brought the great NASCAR tradition of the Start & Park team to F1. Start the race, run a couple of laps, bring the car in, load it on the trailer, grab the starting money & split.

ESPN - They've long been putting the Free Practice sessions out on their extra cost ESPNU. Now, they've moved Quali out there. We're back where we were years ago, searching the internet for bootleg feeds.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

guest3164

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 06:29:59 PM »
I had to work yesterday so missed most of the race and almost all of the tennis. 

So, I have no heroes, but I do have a big zero  :'(

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 07:29:27 PM »
Heroes:

Silverstone, Hamilton & Leclerc - For the reasons mentioned above.

The Stewards - Thanks for nothing! Seriously, thank you very much for pretty much doing nothing to interfere with a fine race. You let the race be settled on that track instead of in the stewards' office. That's how racing is meant to be.

Zeroes:

Haas - The First Commandment of Racing is Thou Shalt Not take out thy team mate. They've also brought the great NASCAR tradition of the Start & Park team to F1. Start the race, run a couple of laps, bring the car in, load it on the trailer, grab the starting money & split.

ESPN - They've long been putting the Free Practice sessions out on their extra cost ESPNU. Now, they've moved Quali out there. We're back where we were years ago, searching the internet for bootleg feeds.

I thought I was covered with ESPN 1,2,and 3....guess again
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 07:32:11 PM »
Yeah, I'm in the same leaky boat.
Lonny

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 08:02:34 PM »
After a remarkable turn around season so far, Honda gets a zero for Albon's late retirement. He was unable to stop for tires needed to complete the race due to a "high voltage" condition in the electronics. Electrocuted by your car would be a very bad way to go!!

https://www.racefans.net/2019/07/15/high-voltage-safety-warning-meant-albon-couldnt-pit/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+f1fanatic+%28RaceFans+-+Independent+Motorsport+Coverage%29
Lonny

Offline rmassart

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 05:49:04 AM »
For those in locations with poor race coverage and for whom F1TV is not available in their region either, you could try this Bulgarian TV streaming. It's perfectly legal and costs 62 Euro per year, so about the same as F1TV. You also get a load of other channels as it's aimed at the Bulgarian expat community.

Google translate is your friend for finding your away around the site. The channel to watch is Diema Sports.  Only downside: coverage is in Bulgarian. But maybe you can get the BBC radio stream in English from somewhere.

The link is here (and I do not get any commission :) ):
https://neterra.tv/access-plans

Offline Andy B

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 10:44:59 PM »
You could also try www.sparksport.co.nz who stream the Sky coverage I'm assuming it'll work anywhere which I am due to find out as I'm heading away for a holiday including the Hungarian GP.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Robem64

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 08:03:06 AM »
Enjoy the Hungarian GP Andy  :good:
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Andy B

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 10:03:58 AM »

Cheers Rob, have you been to this one?
If so any advice?
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 03:35:58 PM »
Have a good'un, Andy! Don't forget your giant GP Wizard banner.  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Robem64

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 09:49:56 PM »

Cheers Rob, have you been to this one?
If so any advice?

Not been to this one Andy so interested to hear your experience - it's on my list! I will have managed 5 this year when it gets to the end of this season though so done quite well.
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle