collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 340
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hungary  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Monty

Hungary
« on: August 05, 2019, 12:54:35 PM »
The one hero has to be Hamilton - what a drive! The Red Bull was clearly the best car for this track but Hamilton dragged the Merc round and put Verstappen under pressure right from the start. Of course the strategy was good but I honestly think Hamilton would have won even if they had left him out on the hards.

Offline Scott

Re: Hungary
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 02:09:09 PM »
Spent a glorious day on a lake, and only managed the highlights, but you could be right.  RBR might have had a chance if they covered Merc, but we’ll never know.  Agreed that Lewis was the guy today, and a nice surprise to have Williams a little bit in the game.  I have to say Kubica has been a failed experiment, but at least he hasn’t damaged very many cars.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline rmassart

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 02:20:13 PM »
The one hero has to be Hamilton - what a drive! The Red Bull was clearly the best car for this track...

I'm not sure that in race trim the red bull was the fastest car around this track. Verstappen did great to get on pole. But he never really managed to create a gap to Hamilton during the race. Hamilton had no probs following him and almost got round him on equal strategy.

I agree Lewis was the hero with that drive.

For zero it has to be his teammate Bottas. Locked up twice in the first two corners putting him in a position where he had to defend from Lewis and the leclerc, both times doing so poorly and damaging his wing. Then only recovered to 8th, one lap down.

It's a shame because he showed such promise in the first few races, but has not been able to maintain the pace. Maybe Mercedes will keep him as a wing man for Lewis next year. A year which might be more challenging for Lewis. Otherwise I don't see him with a future at Mercedes.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 08:17:48 PM »
I want to say once more what a surprise Honda has been for me. I honestly thought R/B would fade into the midfield with less power and no reliability, but Honda really stepped up. Right now I would pick them ahead of Ferrari. It will be interesting to see how they do at Spa and Monza.
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 12:47:46 AM »
I hate to admit it but I was hoping Max
would hold on for the win
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 12:50:05 PM »
I'm afraid I belong to the Anybody but Max club. Even Lewis is better, Max is just too smug. I read that Ricciardo had some choice words about Magnussen weaving all over the track to keep him behind. Danny says when he locked up to avoid hitting the Haas he ruined his tires and was stuck.
Lonny

Offline Andy B

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 07:41:50 AM »
Noted points from trackside.
LH would have won whatever as he was significantly fastest on raceday.
VB struggled to pass cars he should have blitzed.
RB were harder on their tyres that the Mercedes.
Gasly's day have to be numbered by not being up there with Max he potentially stopped the win for them.
The Ferrari's were so slow.
As for the circuit!
Rubbish food as is usual at races.
Seemed pretty disorganised to be able to get a cab queuing for 2 hours after the race, considering how long they have had the race it was pretty slack.
Budapest if good and worth a visit it has lots of history we leave today heading back to the UK, BA allowing?
Is it a race I would come back to?
No, I'm glad I have been but there are others I would prefer to see and a two or three I would return to but not here.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle