F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

Albon repaces Gasly

(1/2) > >>

Dare:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-motor-racing-albon-trades-105944017.html

cosworth151:
Many of us (including me) didn't expect Gasly to survive the break at RBR. I'm glad he'll get a shot at STR. We'll see how he does with a little less pressure on him.

Andy B:
A typical RB move which Williams could do and maybe Mercedes in trying out Ocon?

guest3164:
Regarding Ocon, either he didn't fancy it over the winter or Mercedes weren't prepared to pay up which is why Kubica got the seat. 

As for Albon, pleased he has got a shot in the big team, I do fear it might be too much too soon.  Red Bull are vicious though to their drivers, Gasly didn't even get a full season and what odds Albon gets jettisoned if he performs at a similar level? 

Alianora La Canta:
The problem at Red Bull is clearly role-related, because how else does one explain two drivers being deemed unfit despite decent performances at the "dress rehearsal" team and another getting fed up with how the role is treated, in the space of three-and-a-half years? This isn't fast food or IT Service Desk work, there is an expectation that F1 drivers' roles are at least somewhat durable. It's one of the following:

1) the role has too high an expectation on it for the level of resourcing it's being given (and there have been times when it's been given worse parts and worse treatment than might have been expected).

2) There's something about the team ambience that's working against that role.

3) The hiring process is failing to select the right people for the role despite successfully managing it for Toro Rosso (to some extent) and the primary Red Bull driver (rather well).

At Williams, Mercedes got outbid by Rokit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version