F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Spa

(1/2) > >>

Monty:
FP1 - Albon almost as fast as Verstappen yet Gasly was slower than Kvyat.
Hamilton is running more downforce than Bottas and ended up slower (although he was limited on laps due to a throttle sensor problem).
Ferraris really quick! However, I didn't follow the tyre choices so some of the difference could be due to tyres.

Robem64:
Final times in FP1 - only the Mercs ran on the Medium compound. All others were on softs.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: monty on August 30, 2019, 11:51:05 AM ---FP1 - Albon almost as fast as Verstappen yet Gasly was slower than Kvyat.
Hamilton is running more downforce than Bottas and ended up slower (although he was limited on laps due to a throttle sensor problem).
Ferraris really quick! However, I didn't follow the tyre choices so some of the difference could be due to tyres.

--- End quote ---

It's got to be tough for Gasly.  Albon would be in heaven, driving a car that is a little more responsive, a little stickier to the track, a little more everything.  Every turn, every press of the throttle and brakes must be a revelation.

Gasly, on the other hand, his car is sluggish and unresponsive, he can't possibly trust it.  I hope he can recover his career and put in a bright future in F1.

Monty:
Great drives from Norris, Albon & Hamilton!
Leclerc did a fantastic job but the superior performance of the Ferrari flattered him a little.
I cannot understand why Ferrari pitted Vettel so early - yes he was slower than Hamilton but I think on a similar strategy he may have held Lewis off. With the very early stop he was a sitting target. He did a good job for the team (holding Lewis up for a few laps) and he didn't whinge but on this occasion I actually think he had good reason to complain!

Willy:
I greatly enjoy watching a GP at SPA.
Eau Rouge has to be the most exciting corner in F1, in my opinion.
What could be better...flat out acceleration, a drop to the left and then fast climb to the right and a
blind crest?
All at over 300 k.

Leclerc managed to hold off a charging Hamilton to gain his 1st win and now that the duck is broke,
he can add more wins to his CV.
A sad weekend for the community with the terrible accident that cost Hubert his life and
hurt others.
They all know the score and it is much safer then it was.
Every driver today needs to go shake Sir Jackie Stewart's hand and thank him for
his tireless effort in making all the tracks safer for all. Spectators included.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version