F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Monza

(1/8) > >>

Scott:
What was going on in Q3?  Everybody playing chicken and they all lost out.  Wonder what the investigation is going to result in.  I would give the pole to Sainz just to punish everyone for that stunt. 

Scott:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/145847/stewards-urge-fia-to-find-rapid-fix-for-q3-queues

I'm not sure I would put the blame on those three...anyone behind them could have passed and made it in plenty of time.  Sainz actually made it on to the final lap, so he technically did nothing wrong.

Jericoke:
Honestly, I think this is the biggest embarrassment to F1 since the 2005 US Grand Prix.

All 9 drivers and their teams are culpable.  Sainz played the game perfectly, but to no avail.  He doesn't deserve a penalty any more than the other 8.

The obvious fix is the aero situation.  They need to make it so following an F1 car is identical to being in clean air.  It will encourage passing on race day, and make this 'tow' idea redundant.  If that means ground effects in place of aero, I'm on board.

Robem64:
Wasn't Sainz guilty of travelling slowly at the beginning of the lap - it's just the fact that he made the dash slightly earlier and managed to get over the line to be able to complete a lap. In effect, you could argue he was more culpable in holding others up to then be the only driver to be able to complete a lap. You can see how that could be a big problem. Just offering an alternative POV.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Robem64 on September 08, 2019, 09:09:02 AM ---Wasn't Sainz guilty of travelling slowly at the beginning of the lap - it's just the fact that he made the dash slightly earlier and managed to get over the line to be able to complete a lap. In effect, you could argue he was more culpable in holding others up to then be the only driver to be able to complete a lap. You can see how that could be a big problem. Just offering an alternative POV.

--- End quote ---

8 other F1 drivers couldn't pass him?  He wasn't weaving or blocking. 

Then the problem is the track design if it's impossible to pass a car going 'too slowly', and Monza needs to be scrapped.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version