collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 614
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hulkenberg to Red Bull??  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Monty

Hulkenberg to Red Bull??
« on: October 30, 2019, 12:47:39 PM »
https://www.planetf1.com/news/hulkenberg-to-red-bull-rumours-persist/
I have an idea for Red Bull; keep Albon but kick out Verstappen and replace him with Hulkenberg (or better still get Ricciardo back - if Marko hadn't made it so clear that he thought Verstappen was the 'chosen one' Daniel probably wouldn't have left!).

Offline Jericoke

Re: Hulkenberg to Red Bull??
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 01:42:07 PM »
https://www.planetf1.com/news/hulkenberg-to-red-bull-rumours-persist/
I have an idea for Red Bull; keep Albon but kick out Verstappen and replace him with Hulkenberg (or better still get Ricciardo back - if Marko hadn't made it so clear that he thought Verstappen was the 'chosen one' Daniel probably wouldn't have left!).

Why would Hulk want to get involved in the mess that is RBR?  He wouldn't be the number one driver, if he falls behind the preferred driver or, worse, gets in the preferred driver's way, he'll be demoted to STR.

(Yes, I suppose it's possible that he would outperform the preferred driver, but that doesn't go well either)

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »
^^^^^^^^ :good:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 05:33:47 PM »
IMHO Hulk's had his time, he's never really shown himself to be more than a Journeyman.

No disgrace for Hulk, after all Brundle and Coulthard are considered in that category with DC being just slightly the better - he had better machinery though obviously.

No upside for Red Bull with Nico as far as I can fathom - them signing Kimi now that would be a marketing masterstroke.  ;)

Sure Nico has succeeded at Le Mans, perhaps that is more his forte, only time will tell if he goes into sportscars full time. 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »
IMHO Hulk's had his time, he's never really shown himself to be more than a Journeyman.

No disgrace for Hulk, after all Brundle and Coulthard are considered in that category with DC being just slightly the better - he had better machinery though obviously.

No upside for Red Bull with Nico as far as I can fathom - them signing Kimi now that would be a marketing masterstroke.  ;)

Sure Nico has succeeded at Le Mans, perhaps that is more his forte, only time will tell if he goes into sportscars full time.

Even though I've already said my piece about why Hulk should avoid RBR, I can say that RBR does need a driver with 'maturity'.  They've got four drivers with the skills to be in F1, but we all know that winning in F1 needs more than on track skill.  Hulk isn't exactly brimming with success, but he's been in F1 long enough to be a role model that all 4 RBR drivers need.  Certainly it would be better to have a winner, but Hulk would be the best available driver.

As for a Journeyman F1 driver, we've seen Journeymen win championships by being in the right car at the right time.  I think just about anyone on the grid would be winning races in the Mercedes, if Hamilton wasn't their teammate.  Sometimes that splash of luck is the difference between a backmarker and a champion.  (Don't get me wrong, most champions are a cut above the rest of the field)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle