collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 535
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Brazil Heroes & Zeroes  (Read 3208 times)

Offline cosworth151

Brazil Heroes & Zeroes
« on: November 17, 2019, 07:46:47 PM »
It was proof once again that great tracks produce great races!  :yahoo:

Heroes: 

Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace (Interlagos) - One of the great circuits. It provided an outstanding race.

Albon, Gasley & Norris - All of them showed their talents today.

Haas - Both cars into Q3.

Zeroes:

Mercedes Strategy Boffins - Who thought it was a good idea to pit Lewis from P2 during an S/C period with only a few laps to go?   :confused:

Danny Ric - Torpedoed K-Mag out of points contention on the first lap.

Hulkenberg - Did the same to Grosjean on the S/C restart.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Warmwater

Re: Brazil Heroes & Zeroes
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 09:46:19 PM »
Heros:
Verstappen- Maturity... almost achieved.
Gasly- Done real good.

Zeros:
Vettel- Abruptly moved across in front of team mate before he was clear.
LeClerk- Trusted in his team mate not to do that.
F1- Too much reliance on Tyres and Wyngs.   :fool:
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline rmassart

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 01:58:13 PM »
The difference between Ferrari and Mercedes appears to be that Mercedes bundle all their bad strategy calls and driving errors into one or two races per season.  I think every one of their pit calls was wrong in this race, some of them obviously so. I mean, why pit from 2nd when the SC appears with 5 laps remaining.  Ferrari on the other hand make one wrong call every other race and the drivers mess up in the rest of them!

I find it strange that Hamilton is being so drastically blamed for the collision with Albon (getting points on his license).  I didn't read it like that.  I thought Albon left the door open too long and then decided to close it at the last minute. Maybe that was just the racing line although it did not look like it to me.  Hamilton accepted the blame, but I wonder if he is trying to "protect" a younger driver with a bright future.

This was a fun race and I am beginning to really look forward to next season with all three top teams looking very evenly matched now.  I hope Ferrari and Red Bull actually show up in the first half of next season!

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 12:00:26 PM »
Zeros - the stewards; again!
Hamilton makes the smallest of errors (although I can't think of an F1 driver that would not have gone for that space) and not only is he hit with a time penalty but also gets two points on his licence. Max has been doing worse than that almost every race this year and he gets treated as a 'promising young driver'!! And if Hamilton's driving was deemed 'dangerous' what about the two Ferraris and Hulkenberg on Grosjean?
They could use the argument 'rules are rules' but then in the same race they ignore five drivers using DRS when yellows were being waved. Where is the consistency?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 02:06:41 PM »
My original post was before the stewards jumped in. A great big zero for them. As monty said, the Grosjean-Hulkenberg and Leclerc-Vettel incidents were as bad or worse. In any case, the penalty far exceeded the infraction.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 03:00:16 PM »
My original post was before the stewards jumped in. A great big zero for them. As monty said, the Grosjean-Hulkenberg and Leclerc-Vettel incidents were as bad or worse. In any case, the penalty far exceeded the infraction.

While I agree that the Hamilton decision is very much against the recent trend of allowing 'racing incidents' to happen, I do think that Hamilton absorbing the blame is a move made to support Albon.  Hamilton doesn't really lose anything with the penalty, and Albon doesn't have to feel like he did anything wrong.  We've all seen what happens when a maturing driver starts to second guess themselves.  (Of course, we've also seen what happens when a young driver isn't held accountable)

A confident Albon is good news for the next 5+ years of F1, so kudos to Hamilton for taking the hit, even as I lament that the stewards felt someone had to be hit.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 09:11:14 PM »
Heroes

Gasly - This is what we wanted all along. Bravo!

Sainz - Excellent podium.

Leclerc - The fight back was amazing. There is no way he should have been able to get back to Vettel for the infamous crash to be physically possible.

Honourable mention to Albon for a great challenge for the podium.

Zeroes

The call for a SC for Bottas' retirement - That was a textbook VSC incident.

Riccardo - What. Was. That?

Vettel - A tiny miscalculation, but the one person you don't miscalculate with... on a straight... (Taking Stroll out due to debris doesn't help my judgment, I admit).

Also:

Hamilton admitted fault, which I believe forced the stewards' hand. Good on him doing so, however.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle