Everything Else > Entertainment, Games & Computers

Movie Review: Ford v Ferrari (aka LeMans '66)

<< < (2/2)

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Dare on November 18, 2019, 03:19:09 AM ---There's a doco on Netflix about this with a history
of Ford and Ferrari leading up to movie. I watched half of
[i and it was pretty informative

--- End quote ---

I've watched 'The 24 Hour War', a great documentary: interviews with the who's who of American racing history.  It's so crazy how much world class talent was concentrated in the Ford GT40 programme!

I wish I could have been a race fan in that era.  Modern top level racing is such a massive corporate undertaking... it's impressive what they can accomplish, but can you imagine Lewis Hamilton also designing the braking system for the W10, or Sebastian Vettel drawing up the aero for the SF90?

cosworth151:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on November 22, 2019, 06:20:37 PM ---My first car was a '62 Mercury Comet, rebodied version of the same car. 190 c.i. straight 6, 1 bbl carburator, 2 speed automatic.

--- End quote ---

My Falcon had a 170 cube 6 with a 1 bbl & a "3 on the tree" with  an unsyncho 1st. All of those were changed while I owned it.

lkjohnson1950:
Well, technically the Comet was my Mom's car so I wasn't allowed to mess with it. First car I owned was a '68 Firebird that I wish I still had.  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version