collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 356
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Perfect Driving Moment?  (Read 2283 times)

Online Jericoke

Perfect Driving Moment?
« on: November 19, 2019, 04:14:01 PM »
Have you ever had a 'Perfect Driving Moment'?

I've had three:

Once in my Mercury Cougar.  It was a beautiful clear day, I was on the 401 (main highway in Canada that connects Windsor to Montreal) going go visit some friends.  The sun was out, the air was clear, and even the trucks were going well over the speed limit.  Traffic was flowing perfectly, everyone driving respectfully.  It was an absolute pleasure.

Second, a family trip to Montreal in a Ford Escape.  It had been a crazy day at work, we had to pack the car and then head out.  I just wanted to go.  I was sweaty from running around, so I changed into clean clothes.  The traffic thinned out, I felt like it was just me on the highway (401 again).  That's the first time I'd put on fresh clothes before a long drive, and now I always do!

Third was a trip to a scout camp with my kid in a Ford Fusion.  I was driving on highway 402, a spur of the 401 that connects to Sarnia (where Ontario's gasoline comes from).  They had just installed some of those big wind turbines, I'd never seen so many before, turning in sync it's hypnotizing.  There was a soft rock song on the radio, the sort of song everyone knows and can hum along with (I forget what it was), and I was just in that driving zone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle