collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 366
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Abu Dahbi Heroes & Zeroes  (Read 2665 times)

Offline cosworth151

Abu Dahbi Heroes & Zeroes
« on: December 02, 2019, 04:27:40 PM »
Another season (and decade) of F1 is in the books!

Heroes:

Bottas- For his run from the back.

F1 Fans - For voting Nico Hulkenberg Driver of the Race. A very nice gesture in what will probably be his F1 swan song.

Technical Glitches - For letting us see what F1 would be like without DRS.

Zeroes:

Ferrari's Team Management - First the mix up with Leclerc's fuel reporting. Then sending Charles & Seb out on opposite tire strategies but pitting them at the same time in an abysmally done "double stack" stop.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

Re: Abu Dahbi Heroes & Zeroes
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 08:12:28 PM »
Added:
Heroes
Hamilton - he puts in a perfect race, and barely gets mentioned!

Formula1 Constructors as a whole - only 1 DNF due to technical reasons?  We've come a long way since the days of the 'perfect race car' being one that completely falls apart as it crosses the finish line!

F1 racers as a whole - There's always going to be controversies, dust ups, bad blood, but I will suggest that, top to bottom, 2019's was the best grid F1 has ever had.  The drivers are professional, skilled, savvy.  They understand each other enough to fight hard, and respect each other well enough not to get silly.  Abu Dahbi showed this perfectly: 20 mature race drivers providing 19 mature results (sorry about your luck Stroll)

Zeroes:
I'd be hard pressed to call anyone or anything out.  It was a good race (there have been better) where everyone raced well.  Of course, it wouldn't be a 2019 race without Ferrari bunging something up.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 09:56:02 PM »
Hero's

LH. Quite the Masterclass Pole, Fastest lap and lights to flag win.
AA, LN, GR. Raced all season without attitude and all performed admirably.
The DRS server failure. It made for 18 laps of interesting racing without false overtakes maybe they would design the cars differently to all slip streaming without DRS?
GP Wizard. For running a great game and enhancing the racing year.

Zero's

The Stewards. For season long inconsistency.
F1. For allowing drivers like "The Hulk" to leave due no drive and allow pay drivers to be there without merit.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline rmassart

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 02:43:34 PM »
F1. For allowing drivers like "The Hulk" to leave due no drive and allow pay drivers to be there without merit.

I don't know, he's been in F1 for 10 seasons without ever really managing to establish himself. I realise he's never had anywhere near the best machinery, but I think the top teams are a clued up bunch. If they had thought he was real championship material he would have had the opportunity at some point.  I would have preferred Hulkenberg to stay instead of Grosjean, or even Perez, for example. But overall it's time to give younger drivers a chance.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 11:20:49 PM »
The DRS failure was the best moment of any dry race this season.  The drivers actually having to try to pass their competitors at every corner made the race so much more interesting.  If the powers that be would just get rid of DRS I would feel significantly more optimistic about the sport.  Once it was repaired, the race turned into the usual procession of duff tyres and easy DRS passes, which nobody trying to pass anyone anywhere else on the track.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 12:59:53 PM »
The DRS-less bits were better than the DRS part of the race; people had to think in order to pass, and that really helped the racing quality. The last lap was good, but Perez's plans in particular were telegraphed - he knew he couldn't go higher and so was working to minimise Norris' chances of responding to his inevitable pass.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle