F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Saudi Arabia Race

(1/2) > >>

Robem64:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51137520

Jericoke:
Honestly, I've been surprised to see 'petro state' races without one popping up in Saudi Arabia.  Saudis have been involved in the sport in ownership roles, the country has a cosmopolitan population, and has a strong 'car culture'.

I can't say I support Saudi Arabia as a regime, but wouldn't be the worst place the F1 circus goes.  I know the FIA tries to stay apolitical, but I'd support a 10 race season if they wanted to keep things 'ethical'.

Robem64:
I'd be hopeful that the track would be a good one as it appears it's actually had an ex-F1 driver consulted on it!

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Robem64 on January 17, 2020, 04:26:50 PM ---I'd be hopeful that the track would be a good one as it appears it's actually had an ex-F1 driver consulted on it!

--- End quote ---

If memory serves, Michael Schumacher consulted on the design of Malaysia.  I thought that was unfair, since he was an active driver at the time!

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Robem64 on January 17, 2020, 04:26:50 PM ---I'd be hopeful that the track would be a good one as it appears it's actually had an ex-F1 driver consulted on it!

--- End quote ---

Its Alexander Wurz who besides being an ex F1 driver (Benetton, McLaren and Williams driver plus two-time Le Mans winner) is the current GP drivers association chairman so you would like to think he has some idea what he's talking about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version