collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 360
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: corona virus and F1  (Read 13157 times)

Online Dare

Re: corona virus and F1
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2020, 12:17:34 AM »
A friend told me the release of the  new James Bond
movie has been delayed till later this year
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2020, 04:08:33 PM »
A friend told me the release of the  new James Bond
movie has been delayed till later this year

Yeah, why?  Pushed from April to November.  I don’t really understand that one.  If anything they should release it as a pay per view so people self-quarantining can at least enjoy it at home.

And what’s with the run on toilet paper?  People have gone mad.  Saw an ad for a roll of toilet paper in Australia for $3999, but you get a free diamond ring.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 04:21:42 PM »
I couldn't understand why they were releasing it in April. They always release Bond movies in November. I remember this because they usually come out the week of my birthday.  ;)

Seriously, they had to cancel the pre-release publicity tours in China, Japan & South Korea. The last Bond flick, Spectre, made 78% of its revenue in the international market.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Monty

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2020, 09:22:27 AM »
I couldn't understand why they were releasing it in April. They always release Bond movies in November. I remember this because they usually come out the week of my birthday. 

Seriously, they had to cancel the pre-release publicity tours in China, Japan & South Korea. The last Bond flick, Spectre, made 78% of its revenue in the international market.

I read that there are so many film releases planned, a date that doesn't clash with some other major film is as rare as a pack of toilet tissues on a UK supermarket shelf. For the Bond film, China was considered possibly the most important market so delaying the release was a worthwhile risk.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2020, 09:13:14 PM »
Insider's view of OZ and the coronavirus.

Lonny

Online Dare

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2020, 10:25:02 PM »
We just had our first related case here.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2020, 02:09:36 AM »
Arizona has 6 cases, including 1 near me. Health Director expects it will spread like flu. She's GOP so she's playing down the seriousness of it.
Lonny

Online Dare

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2020, 02:37:18 AM »
Arizona has 6 cases, including 1 near me. Health Director expects it will spread like flu. She's GOP so she's playing down the seriousness of it.

Always politics have to be throw in. Wouldn't it be
a nice world if people chose a candidate for who he or she
is and not what party their representing

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2020, 03:11:29 PM »
SRO just announced that the GT World Challenge race scheduled for Monza next month is cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Sadly, I doubt it will be the last cancellation.

https://www.gt-world-challenge-europe.com/news/1727/statement-from-sro-motorsports-group-
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2020, 12:01:30 AM »
I've just been sent home from my new job because I've started coughing, have fever and started getting confused. Two of my colleagues are, I suspect, going to be told not to come back to work tomorrow for the same reason. My part of Derbyshire has zero confirmed cases of coronavirus, possibly because I've just taken the online triage test for it and got told I both should, and should not, visit my GP to find out if I have it. (I'm going to call some other people in the morning).

El Salvador's closed its borders to all foreigners today, Italy's banned non-essential staff from going into work and Vietnam's revoked visa waivers for anyone coming from the UK or several other nations with known significant coronavirus outbreaks. This pandemic is going to be worse than I thought, and I think it will end with it becoming endemic (at that point, the risk of travel will get recalculated and seasons will get going again).

For now, I think F1 will have race 1 in Melbourne and race 2 in Europe. And I'm not even sure it will be Spain or the Netherlands...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 01:36:13 AM »
Get tested, and I hope you feel better soon.
Lonny

Online Dare

Offline Scott

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2020, 12:52:08 PM »
Mclaren’s out.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »
The FIA-WEC just cancelled their 1000 mile race at Sebring for originally scheduled for next weekend. It was an undercard race for the 12 Hours of Sebring. The cancellation was in response to Trump's travel ban:

“This decision was not made lightly," said WEC CEO Gerard Neveu in a statement. "Our teams and officials place great value on racing at Sebring in front of its enthusiastic and knowledgeable fans. While this cancelation has been forced upon us because of the travel restrictions from Europe to USA, WEC remains committed at all times to the health and welfare of its teams, officials and race fans. Further, the quality of every aspect of a WEC race event is at the heart of everything that we do and will never be compromised.”

As of now, the rest of the scheduled events are still on.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2020, 06:48:25 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle