Everything Else > Entertainment, Games & Computers

Lets Beat COVID-19 Quarantine

<< < (3/4) > >>

John S:
We can't have the First Vietnam GP today but we can sample the Hanoi track courtesy Esteban Gutierrez and Mercedes. 

cosworth151:
The 1959 U.S. Grand Prix at Sebring. The 1st non-Indy 500 U.S.G.P. Spoiler alert: the 4th place finisher is a rare Brabham-powered Cooper.  ;)

lkjohnson1950:
Love that video because I love old racing cars. To that end, here is a video of an Indy car that had the same kind of luck as Dan Gurney, that is mostly bad. The Novi was estimated to have as much as twice the power as the Offy engines most cars used, but that created reliability and mileage problems. Here is the 1948 Kurtis-Novi.

cosworth151:
Thanks, Lonny! I was always a fan of the Novis. They always sounded great!

I watched the NASCAR iRace last Sunday. One of the cars suddenly turned hard left into the wall. The commentators were speculating that it was either a suspension failure or a cut down tire. It turned out the driver's steering wheel unit came unplugged from the console.  :confused:

John S:
I watched this vid about old school F1, it's mainly about Williams team but reminds us about T cars, changing out quali engines & gearboxes, super sticky quali only tyres, and bending the rules to the limit with raising and lowering the ride height with switchable devices.

A good watch in my opinion just to see how things were in 1981, boy the engines sound loud 'n proud.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version