collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 354
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Mercedes new livery and drivers suits  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Ian

Mercedes new livery and drivers suits
« on: July 03, 2020, 01:34:55 PM »
What a surprise, it's black.

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

Re: Mercedes new livery and drivers suits
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 02:38:33 PM »
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 04:40:48 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but this crap goes
too far. What we used to call a joke now upsets the
new generation.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 05:02:13 PM »
You're right Dare. I've removed my post in case my attempted humour might be perceived as insensitive or worse. 
My sincere hope is no one ever feels excluded from enjoying F1 or GPWizard site. 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 06:19:45 PM »
What a surprise, it's black.

In all seriousness, if Mercedes has trouble cooling, would a black car cause trouble?  Margins in F1 are razor thin, even a few degrees of heat from the sun might have massive repercussions on a car with inadequate cooling.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 08:05:01 PM »
Also, F1 could be the only place in the known universe where it's hard to tell a Mercedes from a Renault.   ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 09:32:07 PM »
You're right Dare. I've removed my post in case my attempted humour might be perceived as insensitive or worse. 
My sincere hope is no one ever feels excluded from enjoying F1 or GPWizard site.

You didn't have to do that John. I was referring to the whole
world is too thin skinned now. You can't say anything without
offending someone. Most of us old timers know how to take
it and give it out too.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 10:31:01 PM »
Also, F1 could be the only place in the known universe where it's hard to tell a Mercedes from a Renault.   ;)

It was once said that if you took all the paint and logo's off the cars and lined them up the team principals could fine their own!

As for the "Snowflakes" I hope they melt away.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 10:08:24 AM »
In all seriousness, if Mercedes has trouble cooling, would a black car cause trouble?  Margins in F1 are razor thin, even a few degrees of heat from the sun might have massive repercussions on a car with inadequate cooling.

Potentially. It's certainly enough that it would need to be considered.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 09:06:19 PM »
They weren't complaining about cooling were they? I heard the announcers say they were worried about the curbs damaging the shift sensors in the tranny.
Lonny

Online Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 09:36:46 PM »
They weren't complaining about cooling were they? I heard the announcers say they were worried about the curbs damaging the shift sensors in the tranny.

Last year the said that Austria didn't suit them because of cooling.  Obviously they've solved that gremlin and found a new one.  OR, they were giving false radio messages hoping the other teams would over extend their own equipment.  (I doubt it, but it's F1, so who knows?)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 12:12:39 AM »
When they told them to keep off the curbs, Lewis did seem to tuck in more around the last 2 corners.
Lonny

Offline Ian

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 11:35:58 AM »
Totally agree with you Dare, people are too easy to upset nowadays, they can't take a joke, if they came into my local they'd probably have a heart attack.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2020, 10:09:38 PM »
Totally agree with you Dare, people are too easy to upset nowadays, they can't take a joke, if they came into my local they'd probably have a heart attack.

Part and parcel of our instantaneous, semi-anonymous communication.  It's easy to respond as a victim in the 10 seconds you feel like a victim, instead of waiting a moment to appreciate the joke for what it is.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 11:16:18 AM »
My generation and the one coming through are also more aware of the number of people who actually get hurt by many of the things that are called "jokes". This results in them being apt to miss that a joke was even being attempted, let alone that anyone was expected to find it funny. I've seen similar problems in reverse, too - old people getting offended by young people's jokes because the young people forget that the old people have a quite different background grid, and that somewhere along the communicative chain, something that was "funny" becomes "unfunny to the point where it doesn't look like it was meant to be a joke" or worse, "offensive". I've seen "snowflakes" of all ages and across the political spectrum.

It's a matter of two very different contexts interacting - humour generally only works when there's common ground on which to base the joke.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle