collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 355
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Respect alive & well in F1 - rivals applaud speedy Red Bull mechanics off grid  (Read 1921 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Probably happened because empty grandstands made it easier, but more poignant, to show respect by applauding RBR mechanics efforts to get Max in race as grid cleared in Hungary. 

Great to see real spirit of F1 lives on.   :good: :good: :good:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/rivals-applauded-red-bull-hungary/

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

I agree, John. The RBR crew did a tremendous job not only getting the car to the grid but making it competitive again.

And good on the other crews for acknowledging a job well done.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

Most top level sports are fairly small circles.  They compete, of course, but at the end of the day, they all know each other.  The RBR guys have probably worked with members of other teams in the past.  It's easy to cheer your friends for doing something great.

Even without that though... it WAS impressive, no doubt about it.  Usually when the mechanics are doing something like that, it's an emergency engine swap before qualifying, or a complete rebuild after a crash between practise sessions, but always out of sight in a garage.

These guys were the show for a world wide audience for 10 minutes, and they totally stepped up.  I'm sure the other teams were wondering if they would be up to such a task.

Online Dare

I must have caught something because I'm
starting to like Max. Maybe he's grown up

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

Nah, it's just a touch of Old Timer's Disease.
Lonny

Offline Scott

You’re old.  You simply forgot what a dickhead he is.  Kinda like you forgot where you put your glasses.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Jericoke

You’re old.  You simply forgot what a dickhead he is.  Kinda like you forgot where you put your glasses.

You put ANY highly competitive teenager in charge of $100,000,000 worth of engineering, they're going to be a jerk.  (I can't promise if you gave me the keys to the RB16 for 20 minutes *I* wouldn't be a jerk about it)

I agree, he's finally appreciating what it means to be an F1 driver, not just a hotshot F1 prospect. 

Plus, he's probably lost more races since joining Red Bull than he has in the rest of his life put together.  That will teach a little humility.

Online Dare

Glasses are on my head my key are another story
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

I always try very hard to put my keys down in the same place. Even bought a special table to put by the door. Saves so much time.   :crazy:
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle