collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 332
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Three More Races May be Added to F1 2020  (Read 1778 times)

Offline cosworth151

Three More Races May be Added to F1 2020
« on: July 24, 2020, 01:34:24 PM »
Racer is reporting that Imola, the Nurburgring and the Algarve International Circuit at Portimao, Portugal may soon be added to the 2020 F1 calendar. I think all three would be fine additions to the sport. No word yet if the Imola race would revive the San Marino GP name.

https://racer.com/2020/07/23/imola-nurburgring-and-portimao-set-to-join-2020-f1-calendar/

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

Re: Three More Races May be Added to F1 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 10:46:50 PM »
If they keep adding tracks, and keep having 'double ups', maybe we'll hit 22 races after all!

Offline cosworth151

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 10:02:04 PM »
F1 has confirmed the three circuits. Imola will be a test of the proposed "2 day race weekend."

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-formula-1-adds-portimao-nurburgring-and-2-day-event-in-imola-to.CGyDtalz9hBwCojE2QGCI.html

Also, F1 says there will be no races in the Americas this season:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-confirms-its-not-possible-to-race-in-brazil-usa-mexico-and-canada.66ZjLAp4qDgqhs3T8BbIQS.html

I'm curious how they're coming up with names for these races, I mean 'San Marino Grand Prix' is a thing, and Nurburgring has held the 'European' AND 'Luxembourg' Grands Prix.

Brazil and USA obviously aren't taking the pandemic seriously enough, so no surprise they're not racing there.  I'm not all that well informed about the Mexican response.  Even Canada would be a bit of a gamble, plus, holding a race in Montreal past September seems like a bad idea no matter the state of the world.

Online Dare

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 11:58:14 PM »
To say America isn't  taking the pandemic seriously enough is
the biggest under statement of the year. When your leader knows more than the experts kinda explains our problem. There's talk of shutting
down again.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 04:19:59 AM »
Saw something today that sorta sums up the GOP; Florida is opening its schools in 2 weeks but when questioned both GOP Senators and a couple of reps said their kids weren't going.
Lonny

Online Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 03:36:17 AM »
Saw something today that sorta sums up the GOP; Florida is opening its schools in 2 weeks but when questioned both GOP Senators and a couple of reps said their kids weren't going.

School here starts in September. They're outfitting the schools for 'social distancing', but they haven't come up with a solid plan yet.

I think it will be 'cohort' based.  Schools will be divided up into 2 cohorts, who alternate between being in class and being at home.  Thus, in theory, only half of students would be exposed.

Doesn't really address the bigger problems of having students working from home without supervision (which didn't work well in the spring).

There is a large group that thinks schools should open because 1)  Students are falling behind and 2) They're tired of having their kids at home.

I think that there's been enough time to come up with a plan either way, so I'm not impressed there is not nearly enough information to make a decision.  I firmly believe that teachers want the best for their students... but these are the people who are supposed to be teaching critical thinking and planning skills.  How about we see some.

If I was a betting woman, I'd say that Ontario students are staying home until the F1 season ends.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle