collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 370
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Got £1.2m to spare get F1 & other race views from your own apartment  (Read 1445 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Another Silverstone money raising idea, good for the big money classes but might eventually reduce choices for us hard up plebs who have to save up to go to the odd British GP.

Hey perhaps the FIA should now introduce cost caps on the price of entry and grandstands at GPs.  :D

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/54860/luxury-trackside-apartments-for-sale-at-silverstone/

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Monty

They do not realise what they are doing. People will purchase the properties and then complain about the noise!!
I joke; but modern housing estates built near Brands Hatch and Goodwood have resulted in noise curfews being imposed on the historic race tracks!

Offline Jericoke

They do not realise what they are doing. People will purchase the properties and then complain about the noise!!
I joke; but modern housing estates built near Brands Hatch and Goodwood have resulted in noise curfews being imposed on the historic race tracks!

I believe Spa has the same problems.

Reminds me of a series of commercials they run here for using a real estate agent who knows what to look out for.  In this one a family buys a house that backs onto a wide open space... which used for a heavy metal festival annually. 

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.

I believe Spa has the same problems.

Reminds me of a series of commercials they run here for using a real estate agent who knows what to look out for.  In this one a family buys a house that backs onto a wide open space... which used for a heavy metal festival annually. 

Hey Jeri me and quite a few others would love a house like that
- any idea where we can get one?   :D  :crazy:  :tease:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

When I started renting this house, the estate agent made sure I was OK with "the occasional concert" going on nearby - which was part of the reason I can afford to live in this part of town. Not being OK with that would be considered a breach of contract, provided the venue complied with the noise regulations applicable to it.

I assume Silverstone will do likewise with its sales, though I think rentals would have been a wiser option due to the increased control.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

It's the same as people who move near an airport and then complain about the aircraft noise.  :confused:

Jeri's advert reminded me of one we get here in the States. A couple talking about their new home mention it has a rat problem:

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle