collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 322
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Vettel struggles  (Read 1151 times)

Online Dare

Vettel struggles
« on: August 03, 2020, 03:00:30 AM »
I just don't see what Ferrari has to gain messing with
Vettel's car. He's already being replaced next year so
is it sour grapes

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/vettel-something-doesnt-stack-over-161619217.html

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Vettel struggles
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 02:54:09 PM »
In Practice 2 Vettel had something loose in the cockpit, appears it was something that had come adrift from the brake pedal system. A similar problem seemed to jinx his P3 runs as well.

It's bad enough for a driver climbing into a car rebuilt quickly after shunting it to feel anxious for safety, but seems poor old Seb is getting gremlins in areas that push a drivers anxiety into overdrive. 

When your team or just plain luck deserts you mechanical and electrical issues can follow on like rain after thunder.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 03:03:42 PM »
I think you all know that I am not a Vettel fan but watching him in the FP sessions, qualifying and the race the car looked undriveable. He was getting massive understeer and then snap oversteer. He was off the track almost as often as he was on it! I might not like him but even I have to accept he is a good driver and would be able to 'drive through' or 'engineer out' any minor set-up issue. This looked more like there was something fundamentally wrong with the car.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 11:49:10 AM »
I think the communication between Sebastian and his team has gone. It's even reached the point where Seb is haranguing his team during races, which is so uncharacteristic of him that I am worried he won't make it to the end of the season this way.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 01:13:53 PM »
It does seem that Vettel has to have his 'head in the right place' which has clearly not been the case for quite some time. This weekend's spin was a rooky mistake; too much kerb, followed by too much gas on cold hard tyres! However, the car still seems to be a long way off Leclerc's. I also have to agree with Seb's view that Ferrari imposed a strategy that made sure he would never have to be overtaken by Leclerc

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 09:41:37 AM »
I also have to agree with Seb's view that Ferrari imposed a strategy that made sure he would never have to be overtaken by Leclerc

They've crashed twice in the last 5 races.

Not all collision avoidance strategies involve threatening gearbox penalties or screaming at drivers to hold position.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle