collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 358
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Perez v Vettel for seat at Racing point may go to CRB for resolution  (Read 1851 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Paddock gossip suggests that Perez and his backers are now heading to the Contracts Recognition Board to uphold his contract until end 2022.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2020/08/03/vettels-racing-point-switch-could-hang-on-outcome-of-crb-hearing/

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

Re: Perez v Vettel for seat at Racing point may go to CRB for resolution
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 08:49:58 PM »
I don't get it why they say Alfa would be a good fit
for Sergio. He's in a decent car now and Alfa is a dog.

His contract is upheld....I hope
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 10:09:12 PM »
I have to agree SV has hardly set the world alight with his performance or antics over the last couple of years.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 06:18:57 PM »
Perez should have his seat.  Now I don’t trust RP management.  Vettel will bring less to the team than Perez does, including performance.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 09:44:10 PM »
Perez should have his seat.  Now I don’t trust RP management.  Vettel will bring less to the team than Perez does, including performance.

It's so weird, nothing has been announced.  I presume things are going on behind the scene (if there's smoke there's fire etc.), but presumably RP knows better than to announce anything before the i's and t's are dotted and crossed.

At the end of the day, Perez might end up in the same situation as Kimi and being paid not to race.

Or... I still maintain that while there is a belief that Lance is untouchable, but Laurence didn't get where he was by being sentimental.  Lance might find himself on the outside looking in.

However, whatever the case is, letting rumours swirl instead of 'controlling the narrative' is causing problems for RP, on top of the whole Tracing Point saga.

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 11:40:57 PM »
If Papa Stroll replaces Lance he'd better find a new
wife or get used to sleeping on the couch.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 01:56:29 AM »
Ya'll probably boo me off the stage, but Lance has been doing pretty well so far this year. Maybe he's not one of the 20 best drivers in the world,* but he doesn't seem to be in anybody's way and he's had some decent results.

*The guys who should be in F1.
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 03:07:41 AM »
Ya'll probably boo me off the stage, but Lance has been doing pretty well so far this year. Maybe he's not one of the 20 best drivers in the world,* but he doesn't seem to be in anybody's way and he's had some decent results.

*The guys who should be in F1.

Just shows you how good RP copied the Merc.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 03:34:48 AM »

You think Claire-Ann loves seeing her baby boy strap himself into one of the deadliest machines in sport*?  I'm sure she supports Lance, but will have a big sigh of relief once he steps away from racing.

*Yes, I know F1 is light years safer than it has been historically.  I still don't want my kids going to work in a fireproof suit, 5 point harness and crash helmet that can withstand 275G

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 10:57:37 PM »

You think Claire-Ann loves seeing her baby boy strap himself into one of the deadliest machines in sport*?  I'm sure she supports Lance, but will have a big sigh of relief once he steps away from racing.

*Yes, I know F1 is light years safer than it has been historically.  I still don't want my kids going to work in a fireproof suit, 5 point harness and crash helmet that can withstand 275G
[/quote

It's probably far more dangerous getting on your
local highways [ours anyway]  than driving a F1 car

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2020, 02:45:10 PM »
I think this is what Jeri means. Most of you have probably heard it. Kyle Petty with one of my favorite songs.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle