Fun Stuff > Pictures & Jokes

A Useful Car Accessory

<< < (2/3) > >>

Scott:

--- Quote from: monty on August 25, 2020, 04:06:42 PM ---Only been stopped in the States once but it was a lasting memory. I was in a rental in Baltimore - I was going to dinner with a Floridian who I had met at a seminar. We were stopped because I didn't come to a complete stop at a stop line. It all went weird when my passenger announced to the cop that he was carrying a licenced concealed weapon.
I suddenly felt like I had been transported to a movie set! All good in the end, but for a naïve Brit. having a cop cover us with a gun while my passenger showed his weapon was completely different to anything I had witnessed in the UK!

--- End quote ---

How was dinner.  Did you ask the Floridian what he needed with a concealed gun?  ;)

Scott:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on August 19, 2020, 09:38:26 PM ---Last time I was stopped he wanted License, registration and insurance card.

--- End quote ---

That’s the standard in Canada too.  Was stopped once here in Switzerland and wasn’t asked for anything, just told me to fix the burned out running light.

cosworth151:

--- Quote ---We've always been told, by the authorities, not to keep registration docs in car as it makes it easier if stolen to sell on.
--- End quote ---

We have two different documents here in the States. The registration shows that the license plates actually belong on that vehicle. We are required to carry that in the car/truck. Then there is a title that shows the ownership of the vehicle. That is the one that we leave at home (or in a lock box at the bank)

There used to be a popular aftermarket accessory that was a holder for the registration. It was made to go around the steering column. It was held on with a spring mechanism that could be popped of & handed to the of officer.

Scott:
“Used to be”...quite a few decades ago by the look of it  ;)

lkjohnson1950:
My Dad used those all the time. Sold them in his garage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version