Everything Else > General Automotive

F1 tech Mercedes AMG project one 1,020hp hypercar a sell out

<< < (2/2)

cosworth151:
At that price, the buyers will be old billionaires instead of lottery winners & rock stars. I'd bet that most of them will end up garage/trailer queens occasionally taken out for a Concours d'Elegance or a run up the hill at Goodwood. A sad fate for such a fine car.

jimclark:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on August 21, 2020, 01:50:59 AM ---OK, let's be brutally honest here. How many drivers are there in the world who have the skill to handle 1000 BHP? How many of them can afford a car like this? Isn't Mercedes putting a deadly weapon in the hands of people who are in over their heads?

--- End quote ---
Because there's x amount of HP and/or ft/lbs available doesn't mean you have to use it. There's not just an on-off switch as in any throttle control.
Most who buy such exotics rarely, if ever, do anyway. Usually, to be able to afford such, they're a tad more intelligent than to play boy racer....

Those that are going to hurt themselves are going to do so anyway be it 65 HP or a thousand.....a VW Bug or one o'these things (many moons ago an a-hole acquaintance nearly killed us in a stock Bug. 'Rolled from 60ish and nearly hit two trees. I still count my blessings to this day).

jimclark:

--- Quote from: cosworth151 on August 21, 2020, 01:32:41 PM ---At that price, the buyers will be old billionaires instead of lottery winners & rock stars. I'd bet that most of them will end up garage/trailer queens occasionally taken out for a Concours d'Elegance or a run up the hill at Goodwood. A sad fate for such a fine car.
--- End quote ---
too!!!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version