F1 News & Discussions > F1 Teams

Williams Sold!!

(1/1)

lkjohnson1950:

cosworth151:
I'm not sure what to make of this. I think of the old joke that Williams if the favorite team of some F1 fans, and the 2nd favorite team of all the rest. I currently fall in the latter group.

On one hand, I really hope that this will bring an infusion of cash that will see Williams return to the front. On the other hand, getting any Soulless Megacorp Investment Group involved in anything seems to inevitably lead to grief.

A couple more articles:

https://racer.com/2020/08/21/williams-sale-puts-team-first-claire-williams/

https://racer.com/2020/08/21/williams-sold-to-us-based-dorilton-capital/

Also, a note to Peter Windsor - Screens run horizontally. Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and get rid of those annoying blurry borders.

John S:
The sale price was $152m apparently.

Can't find any info about who is actually behind Dorilton Capital, every search, even through financial pages, leads back to statements made on the official Dorilton web pages saying it's a single family equity fund.

Not sure if that means that one family is the beneficial owner of everything, or whether it means all assets are held by all investors (like a family) rather than individual holdings in differing assets.  :DntKnw:

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: John S on August 22, 2020, 03:35:46 PM ---The sale price was $152m apparently.

Can't find any info about who is actually behind Dorilton Capital, every search, even through financial pages, leads back to statements made on the official Dorilton web pages saying it's a single family equity fund.

Not sure if that means that one family is the beneficial owner of everything, or whether it means all assets are held by all investors (like a family) rather than individual holdings in differing assets.  :DntKnw:

--- End quote ---

Family owned means that you can't invest in the company or purchase shares.  There's a fixed number of shares, and they're owned by family members, and there will be rules about who they can (and cannot) sell shares to.

They do have to follow rules, as an equity firm.  They're looking at Williams as an asset that will appreciate, either to sell in the future, or to use as collateral for other investments.

The bigger Williams' status is, the more it's worth, so hopefully they'll reach solid midfield status soon.

Scott:
Maybe it’s a Bernie shell company. :DntKnw:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version