collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 378
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hamilton rules out Belgium boycott  (Read 3995 times)

Offline rmassart

Re: Hamilton rules out Belgium boycott
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 08:49:38 AM »
When in the UK the experience with gypsies and or travellers was not good and they are their own worst enemy as there are problems wherever they go they no tax and believe they can put their caravans on any land they fine empty and when they leave its covered in debris.

I was really thinking more of Gypsies in Eastern Europe. In the UK they are marginal "problem".  In Romania / Bulgaria (where I lived for almost a decade) they are a significant minority, representing between 5 and 10% of the population.

The views there aren't much different to your quote above, although the difference is that they are not nomadic as in Communist times they were forcefully settled and given houses / flats. So they do pay taxes (as far as anybody does in those countries). It's a difficult subject, but my point is that they have no one arguing their cause. On the other hand their way of life really doesn't fit into our democratic model.  So what do you do? Do you force them to live like us? Or let them get on with their lives, knowing it will cause friction when the two cultures clash.

Fact is many steal any which way they can, largely in an opportunistic fashion (I've seen this many times first hand). Fact is also they are hugely discriminated against as a race by the locals, who don't consider them to be a part of their country. Well educated and in other ways clearly not racist people will come out with highly racists comments about gypsies. Still, there has never been any real aggressive behaviour towards them. eg no vigilantes going round with guns... They are largely left to themselves.

In fact I find some actions hard to grasp. eg My mother in law asking me one day to cross the road so I didn't have to walk past some gypsies, another day giving a clearly struggling gypsy a meal on her door step.

Will we ever see a Gypsy in F1?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle