collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 115
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16139 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12978 Posts
John S John S
11249 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lewis under investigation for Slogan T-shirt on F1 Tuscan GP podium  (Read 6622 times)

Offline Dare

Re: Lewis under investigation for Slogan T-shirt on F1 Tuscan GP podium
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2020, 05:38:41 PM »

Next time need help who are you calling the Police or the
rioters[protesters]

Depends if I'm being attacked by police or rioters I suppose!

It's silly that the only two choices are paramilitary response, or anarchy.  Where's the middle ground?

Could you imagine an F1 car where the only choices were full throttle or full brakes?

Maybe the rioters in Canada are friendlier than the
one south of your border. Many protesters here are
bused in and paid for their friendly protesting.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2020, 05:47:23 PM »

Could you imagine an F1 car where the only choices were full throttle or full brakes?

I thought with the amount of downforce in F1 now that's what it amounts to these days for most drivers.  :D :D 

I would very much like to see today's drivers in a car with the grip level of a '60's F1. They are always complaining of a lack of grip but even a Williams has far more grip than the cars of the past. They complain about tires being too hard, what if they were so hard they could do 4 races on a single set as Clark did in the Lotus 25. I think all this down force tends to level the talents of the field, preventing the really good drivers from demonstrating just how good they are.
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2020, 06:46:52 PM »

rioters[protesters]

It's silly that the only two choices are paramilitary response, or anarchy.  Where's the middle ground?

It could be.  We certainly have our racial issues.  Provincial level police (basically state troopers) tend to have a poor history dealing with First Nations.  Our premiere, Mike Harris, basically resigned in 2002 (was forced out knowing he would lose re-election) over a single man being shot during an occupation.  It buried his party until last year.

Why would rioters be paid/bused in?  If there's a system that allows someone to benefit from it, then people will do it.  The system is broken.

Offline Dare

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2020, 08:49:23 PM »

rioters[protesters]

It could be.  We certainly have our racial issues.  Provincial level police (basically state troopers) tend to have a poor history dealing with First Nations.  Our premiere, Mike Harris, basically resigned in 2002 (was forced out knowing he would lose re-election) over a single man being shot during an occupation.  It buried his party until last year.

Why would rioters be paid/bused in?  If there's a system that allows someone to benefit from it, then people will do it.  The system is broken.

Seeing is believing

https://crowdsondemand.com/
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2020, 02:42:18 AM »

rioters[protesters]

Seeing is believing

https://crowdsondemand.com/

I completely believe it.  Even the Beatles paid young girls to scream for the cameras.

I just mean... why would anyone do that if they couldn't get something out of it?  If they can get something out of it... what's wrong with the system that encourages it?

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2020, 12:00:13 PM »
Busing is a common activist tactic in the USA, for pretty much every issue. This comes from a belief that sheer force of numbers helps make a political point. As such, the main things gained from it are a reputation within the group for being neigbourly and American, as well as the belief this might help persuade change. (This is known to be happening for protestors both for, and against, reform of police/race relations/discrimination, and is happening for every outlook within those beliefs). At the moment, it's happening even more because lots of protestors, for every position, are skint due to having no jobs to go to. The politicians recognise the argumentum ad populum selectively, and therefore ignore the numbers when it suits them to do so.

Paying protestors is almost exclusively associated with the sides trying to keep policing as it is and white supremacism. Some of it is believed to be coming from Russia and China, in an attempt to destabilise the USA, but the main income probably comes from Americans wanting fellow Americans to speak out their beliefs (there is evidence that paying people gets people to say things that may not even believe, let alone as much as the vigour of their protesting lets on - lots of companies can attest to this in the context of employment). Edit: Though this being America, I probably shouldn't be surprised that someone is monetising it for pure profit, at which point any position could well be employing such services.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2020, 07:24:00 PM »
It's been shown that Trump is busing/paying people to attend his rallies.
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2020, 08:39:32 PM »
It's been shown that Trump is busing/paying people to attend his rallies.

If they get their money their lucky.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2020, 10:32:27 PM »
True.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle