F1 News & Discussions > F1 Teams

Williams Team Principal Tests Positive

(1/2) > >>

cosworth151:
Williams F1 team principal Simon Roberts will miss this weekend's Turkish Grand Prix at Istanbul after testing positive for the virus. Dave Redding, Team Manager, and Chief Engineer of Vehicle Design, Adam Carter, will assume his responsibilities on the ground in Turkey.

https://www.williamsf1.com/news/2020/11/williams-racing-statement-simon-roberts

Dare:
With the drivers and constructors titles already
settled I wouldn't be surprised if the remainder of
the season is cancelled.

lkjohnson1950:
Have they reached the minimum number necessary to satisfy TV contracts?

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Dare on November 12, 2020, 11:40:11 PM ---With the drivers and constructors titles already
the season is cancelled.

--- End quote ---

Isn't the remaining season 'fly away' races? While that makes it easier to justify cancelling (really shouldn't be jetsetting in a pandemic), it also means that the equipment has already been shipped, so there's a sunk cost.  Not really a big deal for Ferrari or Red Bull, but smaller teams, or teams that answer to boards of directors might not like seeing their money thrown away.

Hopefully you're right, and everyone is happy to write off those costs in the interests of safety.

John S:

--- Quote from: Dare on November 12, 2020, 11:40:11 PM ---With the drivers and constructors titles already
the season is cancelled.

--- End quote ---

Dare only seems like Drivers title settled, Lewis could wrap it up this race but could just as easily DNF. 

Sure he would be champ if they cancelled Turkey - even at this late stage - and the rest, but that's unlikely IMHO.

Anyway what else is there to keep us entertained in these miserable times, bring on the rest is what I say.   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version