Everything Else > Off Topic

To our American friends: how are you doing?

<< < (5/5)

John S:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on January 10, 2021, 08:11:00 PM ---I simply do not understand what attracts people to Trump and creates such loyalty.

--- End quote ---

I find it just as hard to understand how people can be so fervent about religion.

Dare:

--- Quote from: John S on January 10, 2021, 10:09:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on January 10, 2021, 08:11:00 PM ---I simply do not understand what attracts people to Trump and creates such loyalty.

--- End quote ---

I find it just as hard to understand how people can be so fervent about religion.

--- End quote ---

I think with religion people don't want to accept that
when they die they don't want to accept it's the final podium.
It's nicer to think your gonna join your old friends and family.
And in some cases all their ex wives

John S:

--- Quote from: Dare on January 10, 2021, 11:20:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: John S on January 10, 2021, 10:09:12 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I think with religion people don't want to accept that
when they die they don't want to accept it's the final podium.
It's nicer to think your gonna join your old friends and family.
And in some cases all their ex wives

--- End quote ---

Dare, I have no problem with religion per se, I'm as certain as you that hoping for eternal life brings comfort to nearly everyone at some stage in our lives.

I'm referring to people who choose or are coerced to follow credos that lead to harm, intolerence and separatism. Unfortunately major world religions are just as prominant in this group as smaller crazy theory sects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version