collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 350
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Red Bull & AlphaTauri Stay with Honda  (Read 1661 times)

Offline cosworth151

Red Bull & AlphaTauri Stay with Honda
« on: January 23, 2021, 04:26:47 PM »
According to Helmut Marko, both Red Bull teams will be staying with Honda power, but not with Honda factory support.

"Everything has been settled between us. Everything is in the starting blocks. The talks were very constructive, they were very, very accommodating, and it can be a very competitive engine in the future even without the official factory support. All that is left for the OK is when we have written proof from the FIA that the development freeze on the engine side is coming."

Good luck with that, Herr Marko.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a35292717/red-bull-racing-gets-its-f1-engine-deal-for-2022-and-beyond/

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Red Bull & AlphaTauri Stay with Honda
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 05:04:00 PM »
I more sanguine than you seem to be on this Cossie. I reckon there's some horse trading to be done on the engine freeze, FIA and Liberty will no doubt be adding their weight to keep Red Bull in F1 for the long haul. Remember the splendid new Concorde allows team owners to pull out without financial penalty with one year notice.

Can F1 afford to let the grid fall to just 16 cars? Mateschitz is solvent enough to just sit on the assets and not sell his teams on if things don't go his way and he withdraws them.   
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 06:11:53 PM »
Mateschitz is solvent enough to just sit on the assets and not sell his teams on if things don't go his way and he withdraws them.

He can do that, of course, but he is a businessman, and screwing over your partners isn't how he got where he is.

I love F1 rumours as much as anyone, but hopefully there is some negotiation behind the scenes about bringing new engine power unit suppliers into the sport.

I would love the formula to adapt in such a way that teams are capable of building their own power units as well as chassis.  I realise that's 'easier said than done', but there was a time where F1 teams didn't have to build their own chassis either, so things can change.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 08:22:07 PM »
Jeri I said I expect horse trading to go on, isn't that what you are alluding to too.  ::)
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle