F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

Hamilton wouldn't score points in a Haas

(1/3) > >>

Dare:
That's what we've all known for years

https://www.planetf1.com/news/grosjean-lewis-hamilton-haas/

Andy B:
I expect he would done better than either of the Haas drivers though.
I'm quite puzzled why there is all this knocking LH's achievements it was not like this for Schumacher, Senna, Prost and Alonso so why LH?
It's pretty obvious that if you do not have a good car then you cannot win championships but LH has won in cars that were not championship winning cars.
I expect to remain puzzled!

John S:
It's just Wrecker Romain sounding off as he himself will be consigned to the lower reaches of F1 history.  :( so  :(  |-(

I've always thought Grosjean was a waste of an F1 seat, so he's pissing in the wind as far as I'm concerned.  :fool:
- Just hope he's facing a head wind.  :D

Jericoke:
Mercedes had an open seat, on a midfield team.  Anyone could have gone there, including Grosjean.  Yes, a champion needs to drive a championship winning car, but a champion also needs to plant his butt in said car.

Grosjean could have had Schmacher's seat, he could have had Rosberg's seat, and he seized neither opportunity.

Winning a championship is more than sitting in the winning car. It's more than being the most skilled driver.  Lewis Hamilton, like Schumacher, Prost, Alonso et al really can put together ALL the parts of a champion.

John S:

--- Quote from: Jericoke on February 02, 2021, 09:50:19 PM ---Mercedes had an open seat, on a midfield team.  Anyone could have gone there, including Grosjean.  Yes, a champion needs to drive a championship winning car, but a champion also needs to plant his butt in said car.

Grosjean could have had Schmacher's seat, he could have had Rosberg's seat, and he seized neither opportunity.

--- End quote ---

Aw come on Jeri,  ::) when was that ever gonna happen for 'Wrecker Romain'? After his long stint at Lotus/Renault, playing 2nd fiddle to Kimi & others he only managed to stay in F1 by opting to go with the unproven Haas Team, no one else wanted him.

To be successful you have to be fast and stay on the track. Too many times Grosjean has proved he can only carry speed when he's out of control, mainly relying on another car's bodywork to help him stay on track.  :D

Oh and incidentally he never managed a race win like his erstwhile Lotus team mate Maldonado managed in the 2013 season at Williams, that's proper F1 history.
You don't see Pastor or any other F1 winners poo pooing Lewis achievements, they have more gravitas - and also know how much it takes, & how special it is to win in F1, if only the once.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version